39 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 10:37 AM by jamiemthomas

FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?

how do i create a form? Level 1

(1) It's disappointing that FormsCentral will close. It is simply genius

(2) I only subscribed a month or so ago and to a degree we've wasted all the time spent on form creation - that was misleading Adobe

(3) What has skip logic and can replace FormsCentral?

• 1. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
          chadreidsf Level 1

Great question.

Full disclosure: I work for JotForm, and really believe in our incredible form builder.

Adobe was thoughtful enough to recommend a few alternatives, the best of which is JotForm. We've set up a landing page for converting your FormsCentral form to JotForm, making the process seamless. Check it out here.

Also feel free to review a blog we posted about making the switch easier. We're grateful to Adobe for referring their users to us, and we're excited to welcome everyone!

A few key features with JotForm:

• Completely free for fewer than 100 submissions per month
          • The most advanced Form Designer of any competitor
          • A Theme Store that features something for everyone
          • Includes skip logic

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
            jamiemthomas Level 1

I am a developer for Cognito Forms.

We will be supporting importing FormsCentral forms starting early next week (I am tackling this myself).  You can learn more about this at: https://www.cognitoforms.com/l/adobe-formscentral-alternative.

Cognito Forms is a great fit for FormsCentral users because it:

• Is completely free unless you are collecting payment
            • The easiest form builder experience, hands down
            • Two column form layout, that is responsive for mobile users--most form builders are single column
            • Most powerful calculations, period
            • Supports repeating sections to capture repeating data easily
            • Advanced skip logic for fields, sections and pages

Good luck finding an alternative!

• 3. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
              Peter from Oakville Level 1

I'm also disappointed with Adobe's decision and have started the search for a replacement product and included Cognito form builder. I'm not in any way associated with the company and I have to say it is an impressive product and is quite similar to Adobe's approach. I'm presently testing the application by building a few forms and feel quite optimistic about its suitability. Since my use of the form won't be using payments, I'm thrilled about the pricing model, although I couldn't find a definitive answer on the site about how many submissions you can receive 'for free"

I think its worth checking out.

• 4. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                jamiemthomas Level 1

I am glad you are having a positive experience using Cognito Forms!  Just click on Unlimited? How is this possible? at the bottom of our home page for our explanation of unlimited, but generally our goal is to provide unlimited forms and fields forever, with significantly more free submissions that the competition, because we love our form builder and want everyone to experience it for themselves.

I have completed the work to support automatic migration of forms from FormsCentral to Cognito Forms and it works amazingly well, as all of the field types (text, number, date, email, radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdown, rating scale, content/image, file attachments, page breaks, etc) mapped seamlessly over to Cognito Forms.  I am pulling over field labels, helptext, required, etc. but am not pulling over skip logic right now, though it is easy to set up in Cognito Forms.  We also support email notifications and confirmations (also free) which I cannot map for security reasons.

Finally, we do plan to offer paid plans in a few months so we can start offering advanced features for customers, including save & resume and PDF export.  These are the two features of FormsCentral we lack that may be essential for some customers, though we intend to have them in place by early summer as they are on our short list.

We will post to the forum (hopefully tomorrow) when the automated form migration is ready.

• 5. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                  jamiemthomas Level 1

Cognito Forms just released support for automatic bulk migration of FormsCentral forms!  Cognito Forms is free unless you are collecting payment, including premium features of FormsCentral like skip logic, redirects, and custom confirmation/notification emails.

https://www.cognitoforms.com/l/adobe-formscentral-alternative

• 6. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                    Jojo0708 Level 1

Jamie I've taken a peek at Cognito and I like what I see so far. My concern is regarding the marketplace itself. I wouldn't have dreamed that an established entity like Adobe would exit this service and yet they have because they don't have enough subscribers.  Many developers like yourself are working hard to fill the gap that Adobe will leave, my question is who is going to survive?  I don't want to rebuild just to find I have to 'move' again.  I know you can't make any promises however how are you planning for sustainability?

• 7. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                      chadreidsf Level 1

I can see where it'd be concerning watching a name like Adobe leave an industry due to a lack of customers. But that's not the case for all. At JotForm, our user growth is outstanding every month because our core focus is on forms, and nothing else.

See why over 1.6 million users (and counting) trust JotForm as their form builder, and why Adobe thought to refer their users to our service as well

• 8. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                        jamiemthomas Level 1

I am glad you have enjoyed using Cognito Forms so far.  We do not have the "kitchen sink" set of features like some form builders, but I hope you can tell that our focus as been on the simplicity of the user experience complemented by the sophistication of the types of forms you can build with our product.

To answer your question I need to cover a bit of history, along with why we decided the world needed Cognito Forms:

First, Adobe is not the first major company to pull out of the "business forms" market, with Microsoft deciding last year to discontinue InfoPath to focus on SharePoint, Access and Excel instead.  These are the types of decisions big companies make as they seek to align their different, sometimes disparate, products and improve the bottom line for shareholders.  This does not mean the products were not profitable, but maybe not profitable enough and a source of distraction from core business activities.  Technology shifts, like the declining support for Flash-based products such as FormsCentral, surely factored into this decision, but with big businesses like Adobe, Microsoft and Google, products just get axed because they do not fit in.  Another recent example is Wufoo, who started out strong with an innovative team behind the product, only to be absorbed by Survey Monkey and divested of the talent that drove the product forward.  Product death comes in many forms and for many reasons.

Second, the world market for online forms and customizable customer engagement by "normal folks", not just developers, is a thriving and rapidly growing market.  More than half of Cognito Forms customers are outside of the United States, even though we are just now the cusp of launching our comprehensive support for internationalization.  I think it was a mistake for Adobe to leave the market before they had even had enough time to refine their financial models, but remember, they said in their retirement blog post that the demand was "less than anticipated", not that they did not have hundreds of thousands of happy customers. This may just mean that the cost structures and business modelling in their plan did not match reality, and their cost per customer may have been too high coupled with lower than anticipated growth.  We built Cognito Forms from the ground up to minimize the cost of growth so we could focus on delivering extremely powerful features while offering the most robust set of free features on the market.  For example, our service leverages the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, allowing us to quickly scale with growth.  Our NoSql cloud storage model along with the Azure platform afford us a constant and predictable cost per customer, with virtually unlimited storage capacity and the ability to add servers with just a click of a button.  This is also how we are able to have "no downtime" updates to our service, like when we introduced support for Adobe FormCentral imports "during business hours" this Monday.

Third, we started developing the ideas and technology driving Cognito Forms over five years ago and were preparing to enter the market before FormCentral was launched.  We were not trying to be "yet another form builder."  We saw a need in the market for an extremely easy to use and engaging experience for building sophisticated forms that could solve complex business issues.  Our product is the brain child of a veteran team of web developers and designers who have been working together for over a decade providing web-based solutions solving complex problems.  We tried using other form builders on the market and were left wanting, both in terms of the user experience (clunky and awkward) and the types of forms that could be created (too many limitations to support complex business processes).

Ultimately, we had to start with a bit of catch-up, launching with essential features over a year ago and iteratively adding new features each month.  However, I encourage you to take a deep look.  See for yourself how we have striven to simplify the building experience, with everything in one place without being overwhelming, just where you would expect it.  Understand the richness and depth of the features we have implemented, such as our best-in-class-calculations with auto-complete and validation support, our support for repeating data on forms via repeating sections and hierarchical Excel exports, our robust conditional logic for fields, sections, and pages, our easy to understand support for including data fields from the form within formatted content and custom email messages, and our robust integration with Stripe for payment that supports the entire life-cycle of the payment process including refunds and continuous synchronization with your Stripe account.  And don't forget to log in on your phone and see how easy it is to manage entries, because we agree with Adobe on this--any device, anywhere.

Put simply, we are building, one feature at a time, the best form builder in the world.  We do not have any venture capitalists or corporate bean counters calling the shots, and we already have an experienced and committed team, so we can focus on delivering on this promise.

I also encourage you to check out our blog, with provides insights into who we are and why we are here to stay.

• 9. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                          JRW520 Level 1

I sure appreciate your history of your company.  Puts Cognito on my list to consider.  I will not be making a change until late May as I have forms out live now.  They run their course in April, and at that point I will be doing more comparisons.

To be honest, the only reason Cognito was not on my list until now is the lack of ability to use PayPal.  I understand people can pay with a credit card - but PayPal has become an accepted way to pay.  We have offered Credit card payments (and checks payments mailed after the survey was submitted) in the past.  When we added PayPal as an option - our online payments increased significantly.  We went from 23% paying online one year to 64% paying with PayPal the following year. 

Perhaps you can consider a paid version of your program that allows the use of PayPal.  I understand your need to work with Stripe and have that revenue stream.  For us - no PayPal means no Cognito.  I suspect this won't be an issue for most, but is for us.

• 10. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                            Jojo0708 Level 1

Jamie thanks for the details - the devil's in em doncha know.    As a data analyst I really like the hierarchical export feature.  Are you considering having visual analytics built into your platform anytime soon? I have the ability to build dashboards within Tableau however I like when my data can be rendered into simple visuals before I get to the dashboard build. I looked at your Trello board and I see that you are in progress regarding a Zapier connection. Good news. 

• 11. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                              chadreidsf Level 1

Hi JRW520!

I understand how tricky a choice this must be. You mentioned needing a PayPal integration, and I figured I'd share a few links with you.

JotForm has an ongoing partnership with PayPal (see our top listing on PayPal's partner page). We make it incredibly easy to integrate PayPal, or any payment method, into your forms. Learn more about how to get started using JotForm with PayPal here.

Hope this information helps!

• 12. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                jamiemthomas Level 1

We are definitely considering visual analytics for just what you described--fast efficient ways to understand data and information before doing more advanced analysis in other systems like Tableau, which have a lot of experience with ourselves.  Zapier integration will be a nice addition with their robust integration options.  In the mean time, check out our blog post on how to use our JSON webhooks to integrate with Zapier.

How-to: Using Zapier to Send Cognito Form Entries to Trello - Cognito

• 13. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                  jamiemthomas Level 1

We definitely plan to support PayPal after we introduce paid plans (for upcoming advanced features), as Cognito Forms is designed from the start to support a wide range of payment processors.  We have had a number of requests from other payment processors to integrate, but decided to focus on Stripe first for two reasons:

1. This allows our customers to collect payment for free by connecting their Cognito form to Stripe and passing on the processing fees to their customers.  There are many small organizations with limited annual budgets that need to collect money and have a bank account, but do not have the ability or want to be charged a monthly fixed fee for online payment forms where they cannot pass the expense on to those using the forms to make payments--Cognito Forms enables this scenario. 

2. PayPal's integration story is still very limiting and old school (which is why they bought BrainTree).  After interviewing web consultants who frequently build payment forms using other form builders, we understood how challenging it was for their customers to understand how the entries in the forms system connected to the payments in the payments system.  Our tight integration with Stripe allows us to provide a single unified experience, where the payment status and amounts are always correct and up to date, and our customers can issue refunds to their customers with just the press of a button.

Like I said, we will support PayPal and other payment platforms, but we will do this with the same attention to detail we put into our integration with Stripe.

• 14. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                    AndreaS Level 1

So very, very disappointed.  I've looked at the other options, but none do all that formcentral did.  I am very disappointed.  I really wish they would reconsider. 

• 16. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                      ertugrule28609216 Level 1

(2) I only subscribed a month or so ago and to a degree we've wasted all the time spent on form creation - that was misleading Adobe

Your work is not wasted. JotForm has a seamless migration tool. The migrated forms look exactly like Adobe forms. We have worked with 500 FormsCentral users so far and improved our import tool to the near perfection.

(3) What has skip logic and can replace FormsCentral?

JotForm has a similar Conditional Logic feature. We have been improving it for many years for our 1.6 million users. So, it covers any kind of logic you might throw at it. JotForm's Conditional Logic can skip to another page on the form, or it can show/hide part of the form. But, that's just a start. There are so many conditional things you can do with it.

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 12.16.41 AM.png

• 17. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                        EventeReporting Level 1

I have been looking at JotForm and it looks like my potential replacement for FormsCentral.

However the biggest difference is that FormsCentral has the ability to have more than one column of questions.

We have based a large number of our 50+ forms over the past six months on this functionality.

• 18. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                          stevegibsonAdobe Level 1

Hi,

JotForm employee here. I've never used FormsCentral's multi-column tool, but JotForm does have this functionality. Use Field Positioning.

http://www.jotform.com/help/90-Field-Positioning

In close association to this is our recently released Form Designer. It allows you to style one's forms just by pointing and clicking.

Our one-step one-minute Import Wizard awaits, ready to transfer all Adobe form and response data to our system.

FormsCentral Alternative: Import Your Forms and Form Responses to JotForm

Do let us know if you have questions!

• 19. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                            ertugrule28609216 Level 1

I have been looking at JotForm and it looks like my potential replacement for FormsCentral.

I'm glad to hear that.

However the biggest difference is that FormsCentral has the ability to have more than one column of questions.

We have based a large number of our 50+ forms over the past six months on this functionality.

We have worked with 500 FormsCentral users in the past two weeks and many of the forms did have multi-columns. We were able to migrate them without any problems to JotForm. Give our import wizard a try. You might be surprised with the results.

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 8.28.28 AM.png

• 20. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                              marejkeb Level 1

I have tried to import my forms and responses but Jotform is not importing my file attachments. How do I get it to import these too?

• 21. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                stevegibsonAdobe Level 1

hi marejkeb. JotForm employee here. I forwarded your concern to our dev team. Most helpful is if you log a ticket on our forum so they know who to follow up with. As of this writing we have almost 20k forms imported, and well over 300k form fields. The vast majority succeed, so we'd appreciate the chance to look into your specific case as well to make sure we get all cases.

http://www.jotform.com/contact/

Thanks!

• 22. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                  jamiemthomas Level 1

Just following up on a couple of questions on this thread with regard to Cognito Forms:

1. Alongside launching our paid plans for larger organizations, we just released support for multi-user organizations so you can easily invite people in your organization to help you manage forms and entries and lock down access where appropriate.  While our free Individual plan still includes all of the great features our customers love, our paid plans will allow us to add powerful capabilities for larger organizations and also addresses the question of how we plan to sustain Cognito Forms for the long term!

2. We were approached by PayPal a couple of months ago and have begun development on tight integration with PayPal in Cognito Forms.  We were able to work with their strategic partnership team to design an integration plan that met our tough requirements for seamless and comprehensive integration, just like our existing Stripe support.  We will update this thread when this feature is live and you can always follow our public idea board for updates.

• 23. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                    David Rimstidt Level 1

I am a very satisfied Adobe FormsCentral user and very displeased that it is discontinuing.  I have been reviewing several replacement alternatives.  Currently, we have approximately 50 forms, each form has hundreds of responses.

I am approaching this search for a replacement with several key filters in mind: needed features, layout/look of created forms, home page with simple dashboard of all created forms, ease of creating forms (love the MS Word feel to FormsCentral), and pricing. .

Cognito Forms is a clear front runner with JotForms coming in second.

Each of them have pros and cons - but Cognito Forms is providing a great alternative and deserves serious consideration.  They also have outstanding customer service.

The closer they can get in look, feel, function of Adobe FormsCentral the better they will be.

• 24. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                      Jadebanks99 Level 1

I have done hours of research and there is nothing out there with the functions my company needs that Adobe Forms Central Has. Can any body help me?

1. We are a sporting organisation, thus our clients/players register for competitions. (Each adobe form was structured so we had their personal details, clothing order, medical information etc.

2. Loved the back end that it was essentially an excel spread sheet. Where we could add columns, rows, additional payments etc. After the submission had been received.

3. We use Paypal

4. Multiple Users with different roles within the back end section. We have over 50 Full time staff that would need some type of access.

5. Something Forms Central didn't have but would love to incorporate would be calculations in fields.  

In summary I guess i am really after Something that does the above 5 things. in a user friendly way.

Hope someone can help me?

Jade

• 25. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                        David Rimstidt Level 1

I am with you, and am very disappointed that Adobe FormsCentral is going away.  I have done a lot of research and have narrowed to 2 companies (neither of which I am affiliated). JotForm and Cognito-Forms are both pretty good alternatives among the other choices.  I have researched numerous others and not impressed - or they are too expensive....

Wishing you the best of luck!  I am still hoping Adobe changes its mind with FormsCentral .......

• 26. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                          Joseph Tetreault Level 1

I have also been researching alternatives,  with not much luck.  If all you want to do is create a survey then any company can do that.  FormsCentral gave you the ability to create the form in PDF then upload that form.  Arcobat give's you a better way to create your form.  If any company is going to take over then they will need to also be able to upload a pdf. 

I am also hoping that Adobe changes their mind. We have been using FormsCentral for almost a year and it was very easy to learn.  I cannot say that about the others that I have researched.

• 27. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                            nickbottomley Level 1

Bit worried that the Jot Form importer seems to have broken - and Jot Form seem to have gone very quiet on this.  Bit strange this and a bit worrying for a company that purports to have good backup?  Will the importer work again? - or is it Cognito forms for me?

• 28. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                              stevegibsonAdobe Level 1

Hey Nick,

Steve here from JotForm. Indeed we did make some changes to the importer over the past few days. Due to security restrictions with the online importer, we converted it to a downloadable tool. It's a little more hassle, but works just the same.

Adobe Formscentral Alternative & Import - JotForm

We always had the same import functionality as Cognito- import form by form. The big difference with the main import tool is it transfers all forms and form responses in one step. Do let us know if you have questions while you select a new vendor!

• 29. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                jamiemthomas Level 1

stevegibsonAdobe, just to clarify, Cognito Forms bulk imports an unlimited number of FormsCentral forms into a new or existing Cognito Form account in one easy step.  You can also instantly preview your Adobe FormsCentral in Cognito Forms without creating an account.  It takes 1-2 seconds to import each form.

Adobe import tool.PNG

We asked Adobe's permission to access entries using FormsCentral credentials.  They politely requested that we not ask for Adobe credentials as this would compromise Adobe Store accounts linked to credit cards and would cause their users to violate the Adobe terms of service.  We chose not to go the more tedious route of downloading and uploading entries and focused on quickly migrating form designs.  I am glad that JotForm is providing entry migration as option for FormsCentral customers that need to maintain their historical entries after moving to a new platform.

• 30. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                  stevegibsonAdobe Level 1

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the clarification. Cognito Forms is a great tool as well. Best!

• 31. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                    jamiemthomas Level 1

By popular request, Cognito Forms has been updated with a number of new features, some adamantly requested by Adobe FormsCentral customers and some by our own loyal customers:

In addition to multi-user support we released a month ago, you can now enable the following features on your forms:

We are actively working on adding support for native Save to PDF (you can already Print to PDF in Chrome), PayPal payment support and digital signatures.  We will be adding these and other features in June and July.  You can view an updated comparison of Cognito Forms features versus FormsCentral in our comparison blog post.

We know that everyone has different needs for online forms.  Cognito Forms will be a great fit for some and less than ideal for others.  Hopefully this updated comparison will help aid your decision-making process.  If you have further questions, please contact us!

• 32. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                      Threespeckledhens Level 1

Thank you for these updates. However, I am a bit concerned about the 1% added to the  cost of money collected. Your website is, in my opinion, very unclear as to how the 1% is collected and what it means. When one clicks on the cost button of 1% all it tells about is what Stripe charges the customer, which is information I can find on the Stripe website. With our money collected (in the 10s of thousands) it will cost us 5x the amount JotForm charges for it's monthly charge. Am I reading that charge correctly?

Admittedly, I have been able to import our Adobe Form to JotForm, but when I update the information I need, It will not save as new. I am frustrated beyond belief and if Cognito Forms has an annual (or monthly fee) vs the 1%, I would be very interested.

Thank you,

Lettice Carroll

• 33. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                        jamiemthomas Level 1

Threespeckledhens Cognito Forms provides tightly integrated Stripe-powered payment forms for all of our plans, including our free Individual plan.  We only charge 1% of successfull transactions on our Individual (free) and Pro ($10/month) plans.  Starting with our Team ($24/month) plan, we absolutely waive this processing fee.

Our goal was to provide a way for even really small organizations and non-profits to offer online payment forms for very low or no cost.  Many of our customers elect to automatically include these processing fees as part of the form total, resulting in a completely-free-to-them online payment solution.  Obviously larger organizations like yourself would prefer to just pay a fixed monthly amount and minimize these fees, which is one of the benefits of our Team and Enterprise plans. 

I hope this helps clarify things!

• 34. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                          schultzee Level 1

When I became aware of the FormCentral migration tool for Jotform back in March, I tried it. After the conversion, I went into Jotform to see how the forms looked and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I did n't go to the trouble to actually insert the code for my 15 forms into my various web pages because I figured I had planty of time. As is always the case, I dragged my feet too long and now I'm attempting to incorporate the JotFroms into my pages and it's a mess. Jot form has added a lot of CSS that makes the forms display quite differently than the FormCentral forms did on the actual web page. Furthermore, Jotform's editing interface is significantly different than Formscentral's simple–albeit somewhat limited–design interface. Unfortunately, knowing exactly why the appearance of the migrated forms looks so different requires some pretty good knowledge of CSS. Mine is pretty limited, so I'm really stumbling through things to try to get it to appears the way I want to. Frankly, I'm almost to the point where I'm thinking I need to just start from scratch, but then I begin to wonder if I want to contend with Jotform's fairly complex interface.

So far, I'm really disappointed with the conversions and I'm now really concerned that I'm going to pull off the changeover by the deadline.

More than anything, I'm pissed at Adobe for not coming up with a solution like a sale of Formcentral, or hell, even giving the technology away out of goodwill for its customers like me who use so many of their other products—day in and day out, for more three decades!

• 35. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                            Threespeckledhens Level 1

I believe you have some very valid points, especially the way it feels like Adobe pulled the rug out from under us. Even though, we had about 5 or 6 months lead time, there is nothing that comes close to the ease of Adobe FormsCentral. I finally, imported our forms into JotForm which worked for me like a charm. The issue I have is updating and learning a new program. Where Adobe was intuitive to use, Jotform needs much more thought and there is a big learning curve. I have had to ask many question through their support team, but did not have to ask Adobe a single question, ever!

Good luck to you, I feel your pain!

L. Carroll

• 36. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                              schultzee Level 1

I hate to say it, but Adobe's lack of subscribers is a major bungle on their part. FormsCentral is a slam-dunk complement to Adobe Muse and DreamWeaver, but they seemed to invest absolutely nothing to get the message out. Muse lacked a form builder for more than a year and users were begging for the feature to be added. Not once did Adobe ever mention Formscentral on their discussion board. I had brought it up many times there and users who investigated were thrilled with the solution. They were blown away that Adobe never mentioned it.

I'm very surprised that they didn't attempt to find a developer to offload it to so that it could be kept alive—and perhaps even flourish. Hell, if they close it down, they get nothing but a bunch of pissed off customers. Handing it off to a developer at least would have given it a chance.

• 37. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                                stefang94482161 Level 1

Hi, my name is Stefan Groenewoud. I work for Formdesk, another form builder you may consider.

Because we have welcomed several hundreds new users originating from FormsCentral we decieded to develop an automatic migration tool as well. Because Formdesk supports extensive formatting capabilities we managed to have the Formdesk form look quite similar to the FormsCentral form.

Formdesk is a professional forms management system very suitable for corporate environments but also used by many small and medium-sized organizations.

It will surprise you how many features you get at your disposal with the transition to Formdesk. View all Formdesk features.

() Formdesk  /  (•) Formscental

compare.png

• 38. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                                  jamiemthomas Level 1

Just a quick update on new features we have released for Cognito Forms based on feedback from Adobe FormsCentral customers:

• Save As PDF - you can now save entries as PDF in either a read-only view or in the original form layout.  This is great for saving or emailing a historical record or even printing a blank form for someone to fill out by hand.  Based on feedback we also allow our users to decide whether to include the title, logo, page numbers, and blank, internal and/or conditionally hidden fields when saving entries as PDF.
                                                                                  • Upload Images - you can now directly upload your images to include on your form instead of hosting them elsewhere, even on our free Individual plan.  We are also automatically migrating images over from FormsCentral when you import your form and for all previously imported forms.
                                                                                  • Horizontal Line - you can now add horizontal lines when adding custom formatted content to your forms, emails, etc.  This has been a popular request from FormsCentral customers.  Just click the horizontal line button on the content editor toolbar.
                                                                                  • PayPal - we will release support for PayPal for payment forms next week.
                                                                                  • Attach PDF to Email - we will add support for attaching a PDF copy of an entry to email notifications and confirmations in the next week or so.  We also plan to support downloading PDF copies from the confirmation page.

We have updated our FormsCentral Feature Comparison to reflect these new features.  Also, even though FormsCentral is now read-only, our importer still works great to migrate your existing forms.

• 39. Re: FormsCentral is amazing - what can possibly replace it?
                                                                                    jamiemthomas Level 1

As promised, Cognito Forms now supports PayPal for payment enabled forms, including support for both point-of-sale and refunds within Cognito Forms when you are managing your entries.  Our FormsCentral Feature Comparison reflects this new feature, which we released last week.