2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 9:29 PM by schultzee

Shutting down FormsCentral? Why are you not marketing FormsCentral in conjunction with Muse? Perfect audience for FormsCentral.

schultzee

I just saw the notification that you'll be shutting down FormsCentral. This will be a pain in the *** for me, but I suspect I'll survive.

I'm just surprised you're shutting it down. In my eye's Adobe never really even marketed the product. I stumbled across it in a round-about way, but I see it as a perfect companion to Muse. I'm amazed that you don't market it to Muse users, and build it into the Muse platform. You could potentially offer it as an in-app purchase. It is such a natural fit for your Muse demographic.

Stan Schultz

Censible Marketing

• 1. Re: Shutting down FormsCentral? Why are you not marketing FormsCentral in conjunction with Muse? Perfect audience for FormsCentral.
          Vikrantt Singh Employee Moderator

Hi schultzee ,

I appreciate the fact that you have been a great user of forms central.However,Adobe is committed to delivering exceptional software and services to our customers. It’s in our nature to innovate and try new things, and it was in this spirit that we introduced FormsCentral over three years ago. Unfortunately, not enough people have chosen this path. As we look to the future, and all the opportunities ahead, we need to focus our efforts on new areas of growth. Our focus will be to continue to provide world-class PDF creation products and cloud-based services that enable our customers to work with PDFs anywhere, on any device.

Thanks,

Vikrantt Singh

• 2. Re: Shutting down FormsCentral? Why are you not marketing FormsCentral in conjunction with Muse? Perfect audience for FormsCentral.
            schultzee Level 1

Hmmm... kind of sound like an automated reply, or at the very least a canned response. When you say that "not enough people have chosen this path" without addressing my specific comments about possible Muse integration (which has extremely limited forms functionality), or the fact that no marketing has been done for the product, it sound like you're copying and pasting pre-canned talking points. To me, that's a disappointment, and indicates a lack of connection to the product. Like I said, I'll probably survive without FormsCentral, but my preference would be for you to fire the previous product manager and to give the product to someone who has some marketing creativity to help the product reach its potential. The biggest problem FormCentral ever faced was that no one ever knew about it.