5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 2:25 PM by shirlock1

book module-saving the project before it is done

shirlock1

I am a new Lightroom user and chose to do a long book.  When I got done with the placement of photos and pages before I jput text on I tried to save and ended up with a mess.  I have redone to that stage and now want to lock in what I have and save it before going ahead with the text.  How do I do that.  I really want to save at various stages of the project so that I do not need to start over from scratch since it is about 140 pages.  Can I get some input on this. Thanks

Jim

• 2. Re: book module-saving the project before it is done
          shirlock1 Level 1

In an earier version of this book effort I hit that key (create saved book) several different times and found that I ended up with three times the number of photos in the book project.  Basically it doubled the photos upon the click create book action.  easier to start a fresh than to delete.

so I guess there is no interim action that you can do to save without actually creating the book?  I have  read some of the formum now and am even more concerned about the create step because it seems to limit what you can do with the book once created.

jim

• 3. Re: book module-saving the project before it is done
            Rafael Aviles Level 3

Yes, Create Saved Book will create a book, but you should be able to re-open it without the number of pictures changing. When the book gets created, it will appear in the Collections panel on the left of the LR screen, with a special Book icon, something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 11.04.08 AM.png

To re-open it, just double-click on it. The Book module will launch, and you will see your book as it was when you last worked on it.

(If you just single-click on this, the collection that has the pictures in your book will open, not the book itself.)

Also note that after you hit the Create Saved Book the first time, you do not have to click it again for the same book.

• 4. Re: book module-saving the project before it is done
              shirlock1 Level 1

So I hit create and it saved my work.  I found a number of things that I had done were not saved.  So I corrected all of those and put text (simple black nothing fancy) on half the pages and then did a creat new book again with another name on it just to be safe.  Damn, no text at all and many of the photos I moved around did not stick.  What am I doing wrong.  I did what I was told to do and I am using ver 5 so not the early 4 problems

• 5. Re: book module-saving the project before it is done
                shirlock1 Level 1

Well I figured I could do no more damage than already.  So I closed down the program and then reopened.  After clicking on the new book it was all there.  I was really pleasantly surprised.  Because when I was still using my earlier open LR after having used create the book as it was showing was not the book I saved- can't explain

But I guess I am OK