3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 8:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is not responding

granolakid

I work on a macbook pro.  I have Adobe premiere elements 11. I uploaded video to a new project. I dragged some of the thumb nails onto the timeline on Thursday and successfully edited.  Today I dragged a few more onto the timeline and began editing.  All of a sudden, the cursor begins spinning.  I go to force quit and it tells me that the program is not responding.  I quit and tried again.  I have rebooted my computer a number of times, but to no avail.  Any suggestions as what I can try to keep the program running and edit my project?  Should I just open a new project and start from scratch since I haven't edited many of the interviews?

Thanks.

barb

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is not responding
          A.T. Romano Level 7

barb

Please determine if you can open a new project without problems.

Do you work with the AutoSave ON in preferences (Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave)? If so, go to the Adobe Premiere Elements Auto Save Folder and go through the Auto Saves

seeking one that will open after you double click it. Each of those AutoSaves is the project file at different phases of your editing. If you get one that opens, then build it back to where you were before you ran into the problem.

If you can get to the build back from an AutoSave, I would watch closely to see what addition to the project sends the project back into trouble again. Then we target

the addition for troubleshooting.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is not responding
            granolakid Level 1

Hello AT,

It turns out that one of the interviews was causing the program not to respond.  When I took the interview out, I was able continue editing on the timeline without any problem.  I find it odd that all the other interviews that were shot on the same day in the same place, did not have a problem.

Thanks as always.

barb

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is not responding
              A.T. Romano Level 7

barb

Wonderful news and great job of sorting through the troubleshooting to resolve the immediate issue.

The whys for the situation that you faced may go unresolved. We could dig deeper into this

one file of the same type to determine if we could pin point the cause of the problem within the project.

But, you are moving forward in your project which is important.

If the problem reappears, then it may be worthwhile to go through more questions and answers to try to seek why to prevent its reoccurance.

As always, best wishes

ATR