2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 12:36 PM by Todd_Kopriva

What is the best afordable/free Slow motion plugin for AE CS6?

teflon studios

Howdy! I am new here and I couldn't really find the answer I was looking for. I need a affordable or Free is even better plugin for AE CS6 to do some editing on GoPro footage and some other High fps video. I really want a smooth and minimal blur effect. Doesn't have to be perfect but better than what I got now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Teflon

• 1. Re: What is the best afordable/free Slow motion plugin for AE CS6?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MOST PEOPLE do not understand frame rates and slow motion. High frame rate compositions do not improve slow motion. Video works the same way that film does. Shoot at a high frame rate and playback every frame on a projector that is running slower than your camera was running. Simple as that.

Time remapping with frame blending is included with AE. If you shoot with your GoPro at 60 or higher just open the footage in AE, interpret the footage as 29.97 or other standard frame rate like 24 or 23.976, then drop the footage in a comp with the same frame rate and you'll have you slow mo with no problem. That's the same thing as shooting film at 60fps or 100fps and threading up the film in a projector that runs 24fps. If you want to slow it down further use Time Remapping.

The only other really good plug-in is Twixtor, but that's expensive. All others are about the same as what's included with AE.

• 2. Re: What is the best afordable/free Slow motion plugin for AE CS6?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Rick indicates, you can use time remapping, time stretch, and the Timewarp effect in After Effects without buying anything more.