4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 11:16 PM by ManiacJoe

SKIN SOFTENING IN LIGHTROOM

psoik67

I am trying to soften skin on a photo and it is turning the skin red (like a light sunburn)....what can i do to fix this?

• 1. Re: SKIN SOFTENING IN LIGHTROOM
          Steveatesh Level 1

I Would either add an adjustment brush over the skin area and then minus clarity, which will soften skin.

or you could try going to HSL, click the little button (forget what it's called!), hover the mouse over the red area and gently lower it by scrolling on the mouse.

the downside to this method is it will lower saturation if red across the picture.

maybe there are other ways, I will watch his post with interest. I hope Adobe add the facility to alter colour in a discrete area (like in Capture One Pro 8) in LR6.

• 2. Re: SKIN SOFTENING IN LIGHTROOM
            Steveatesh Level 1

Sorry should have said after going to HSL click Saturation, then the little Saturation button.

• 3. Re: SKIN SOFTENING IN LIGHTROOM
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

psoik67 wrote:

I am trying to soften skin on a photo and it is turning the skin red (like a light sunburn)....what can i do to fix this?

Hard to say - we're not there with you, so we don't know what you're doing that might be causing the problem.

You need to tell us that before we can make useful suggestions...

• 4. Re: SKIN SOFTENING IN LIGHTROOM
                ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

psoik67 wrote:

Sounds like you might have the "show overlay" turned on.

See the options under / menu / tools / tools overlay