3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 9:35 PM by A.T. Romano

incompatible display driver

talmanp30402182

Can't open Adobe Premiere Elements 12 as I get an "incompatible display driver" error.  I read a few forums and deleted the BadDrivers.txt file but it keeps coming back. Computer is Dell XPS 8300 64 bit 8 GB Ram.  Display adapter (only 1) is AMD Radeon HD 6450.  Running Windows 7 Home Premium. 

• 1. Re: incompatible display driver
          A.T. Romano Level 7

talmanp

Did you find and delete the BadDrivers.txt file for Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

BadDriverstxt.JPG

After you delete this BadDrivers.txt file, close out of there, and reopen Premiere Elements, the program

will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file (that is normal) and hopefully the problem with be gone.

Are you saying that you made that deletion, shutdown the computer, re-started the computer and Premiere Elements

and still got the Display Card error?

Just in case message, before you deleted the BadDrivers.txt file, did you confirm that the AMD driver version was up to

date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Did you explore card/driver setting in any AMD control center

on your computer for that card?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: incompatible display driver
            talmanp30402182 Level 1

I had not rebooted.  It works now - thanks.

• 3. Re: incompatible display driver
              A.T. Romano Level 7

talmanp

There are frequent reports of incompatible display driver messages. And, it is important to know what

is working for those who run into this type of situation. So, thank you for the follow up with the good news of what worked

for you to gain success. Great job.

Best wishes.

ATR