14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 6:31 PM by LeeC22

How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?

ia3d

I have a free Creative Could membership which I in no way want. How do I cancel it?

• 2. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
          ia3d Level 1

That link gives the options below. NONE is for cancelling a FREE membership, however.

Switch from an individual membership to a teams membership

If you have an individual Creative Cloud membership, you can cancel it at no penalty and re-enroll as part of your company’s team membership.

•    Your IT administrator sends you an invitation to join the team. If you haven't yet received the invitation, request the administrator to resend the invitation.

•    While accepting invitation, sign in with the Adobe ID that is associated with your individual Creative Cloud membership (complete or single app).You see an option to cancel the individual plan and join the team or keep the individual plan and join the team.

Switch from Individual to Team membership  

•    Select the Join team and cancel individual plan Creative Cloud membership option, and then click Accept Invite.

•    You become a team member once you accept the invitation. Now follow these steps to reset the licensing accordingly on your computer:
            1. Launch any Creative Cloud application (for example, Photoshop).
            2. On the Help menu, choose Sign Out.
            3. Close the application and restart it.
            4. Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Cancel an annual membership (individual or team)

If you cancel within the first month, you receive a full refund. Otherwise, you are billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation.
          • To cancel your membership at any time, contact us - go to the contact us page and then click the "Still need help? Contact us." button.
             You may be asked to sign in. Sign in with your Adobe ID and password.   
          • To cancel your membership in the last month (month 12), follow the steps in the "Cancel a month-to-month membership" section below.

Cancel a month-to-month membership

•    Sign in to www.adobe.com. The Sign in link is on the top menu of most pages.  
          •    In the navigation pane or pop-up menu, click Manage Account.Note: You may be prompted to enter your password to verify your identity.
          •    Under Plans & Products, click Manage Plan.
          •    Click Cancel plan.
          •    In the Cancel Plan confirmation pop-up, choose an appropriate option and then click Cancel Plan.

Cancel a Creative Cloud for enterprise membership

Return a prepaid membership purchased from a reseller

• 3. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
            sam.am Level 5

I am sorry, there is no need of canceling free membership.If you are installed and started the trial for a product it will automatically expire  after 30 days. You will not renew your charged unless you have placed an order

• 4. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
              ia3d Level 1

Thanks. I can hardly wait. No way to get rid of it until then?

• 5. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                smallhelm

If I decide later I need it free, I won't have it because I was given the membership free and have no use for it now.

• 6. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                  tony@1

I have a problem and I think is because of the free creative cloud membership;

I have my perpetual programs on my PC;(PhotoshopCS6, Lightroom, Adobe Bridge)

now (it’s been happening for the past 3 days) somehow every time I try to open one of this programs it comes a window that it is in trial mode, Adobe bridge is unable to open my jpg photos on camera raw, so somehow the free creative cloud membership, screw up my programs, the customer service they not help told me to come to the forums, since they only support the cloud suite now.

I want to cancel the free Creative Cloud membership, but it is impossible,

what I need to do now? Uninstall the programs and get a copy of my programs and reinstall it again?

• 7. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                    rdball Level 1

I agree.  This is ridiculous. Just called and they said there is no option to cancel free membership.  YGBSM.

2 people found this helpful
                    • 8. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                      ashleys37891594

Right so I can't cancel my FREE membership and I haven't used the app at all or changed anything, will this automatically cancel my membership once the month is up without me having to do anything?

• 9. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                        ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Well, Adobe's Free Level of Creative Cloud Membership requires no credit card or other payment to have or keep, so there is no need to cancel it for any financial reason... Even if your CC product trials have previously expired, you can continue to enjoy the other included benefits and services at no charge forever.

What's Included with Your Free Creative Cloud Membership

What's more, when the company issues new trials of future products and releases, you would be able to use your existing account to download and use those new free trials.

If nonetheless you prefer to stop the lifetime free Creative Cloud membership and have your account/info/email to be completely removed, then you can submit a request to Adobe.

• 10. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                          LeeC22

How about cancelling it because you didn't ask for it, nor did you give it permission to integrate itself into your system?

There are no benefits to software backdooring itself into your system without your consent, that's the action of malware. At no point during the installation of CS6 was I asked did I want the Creative Cloud desktop integration, it was backdoor'ed in disguised as an Update Manager update.

Viruses are free, malware is free, browser-hijacks are free... free is never an excuse to keep something you didn't ask for. The first thing I knew was the "Update Manager" icon suddenly changed into a Creative Cloud" icon, my screen was going mad flashing all over the place and I suddenly had something I couldn't remove, because apparently "I had software installed that needed it".

I am a software developer and that is about as well out of order as anything can get with regards to software deployment. I don't think I have seen such irresponsibility from a company in all my years of PC use. I had to completely uninstall the whole suite, manually clean up the straggling files (because they can't even uninstall things properly) and now I have to explain to all the software vendors that my multiple-activation requests are because of some SPAM-ware that installed itself without me knowing... from Adobe. I spent all night setting up a fresh, clean reinstall to move onto Visual Studio 2017 and this Creative Crap screws everything up.

You don't just go "You're having something for free, we're not telling you about it but we're going to force it into your system disguised as another application". That's not how it works, you inform of your intentions, you ask permission to proceed, then you carry out the actions required based on the response you got.

• 11. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                            Abambo Adobe Community Professional

You cannot cancel the free membership.

• You can uninstall any programs that you may have installed related to this.
                            • You can contact customer care to get your account deleted: Contact Customer Care

...but you cannot cancel if you do not need your free membership.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 12. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                              LeeC22 Level 1

Absolute lie!

If you let the Creative Cloud Experience backdoor into your system (and you can't stop it because you don't know it's going to happen), you cannot uninstall it. You have to uninstall the whole OFFLINE VERSION of the Creative Suite to get rid of it. The OFFLINE CS6 is NOT related to that and yet I MUST install it to get rid of it. I mean for Christ sake, the icon that installs it says "Application Manager" and once it has finished, that same icon transforms into the Creative Cloud icon. Nothing about that is honest!

• You can contact customer care to get your account deleted

Tantamount to Blackmail and in the UK at least, would be considered "Unfair terms and conditions" as the purchased product was not sold with the condition that acceptance of the CC agreement was applicable to that version of the software.

My version of CS6 is not the CC version, there is nothing in the SLA (which I read today) that states that version of the software is implicitly dependant on compliance with section 2.2 regarding Creative Cloud Membership.

2.2 Membership. This Section 2.2 applies to Customers who have purchased a membership-based license or service such as the Creative Cloud membership

The Offline version (bar online activation) of CS6 has nothing to do with that section.

"...but you cannot cancel and you do not need your free membership."

No, but it seems Adobe *needs* me to have it... why is that? They need me to have it so badly, they didn't tell me I was getting it and won't let me remove it. That has all the hallmarks of Spyware. When I first installed CS6 it didn't exist and now it does, so the SLA on my installation media doesn't even give them permission to install it, because no part of my CS6 *requires* it.

Bottom line... no company silently installs honest software, look into Sony's history for proof. If you're okay with that, good for you. Me, I'm a 30+ year software developer and I am not okay with backdoor-installed software, that installs monitoring services into my system without my consent... and under pretence... no professional developer would be. I guess there aren't many of those around any more.

So thanks for your shill-type post, I guess that little orange badge can be as *inspirational* as the Microsoft MVP tags.

• 13. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                                Abambo Adobe Community Professional

LeeC22  wrote

Absolute lie!

Uninstall, use the CCcleaner app to remove every trace of the software. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

LeeC22  wrote

The OFFLINE CS6 is NOT related to that and yet I MUST install it to get rid of it. I mean for Christ sake, the icon that installs it says "Application Manager" and once it has finished, that same icon transforms into the Creative Cloud icon. Nothing about that is honest!

If you have a CS6 licensed software (perpetual) you do not need to install the CC app. Just activate your software and go on. As CS6 is part of the CC experience, you may experience problems when you install trial software of the CC package.

That's a more difficult task: CS6 won't open at all after CC membership expired - uninstaller doesn't help and cannot uninstall CS6 .

LeeC22  wrote

When I first installed CS6 it didn't exist and now it does, so the SLA on my installation media doesn't even give them permission to install it, because no part of my CS6 *requires* it.

For sure you did some updates and accepted the license terms. I do have no idea what is the current status of a perpetual CS6 license and if a Adobe id is necessary or not to run the software, the the CC app is not necessary. I can install my CC without having the CC app or the software continues working wit the CC app uninstalled.

LeeC22  wrote

So thanks for your shill-type post, I guess that little orange badge can be as *inspirational* as the Microsoft MVP tags.

I have no ideas on the conditions to get the MVP badge with Microsoft, but the ACP badge is attributed to people who show a certain knowledge with Adobe software and have some helpful participation in the fora. A lot of the ACPs make a living with their knowledge as you can hire them for jobs or you can buy their books or both. I'm a 35+ soft and hardware developer doing this just for fun.

Have a nice day.

• 14. Re: How to cancel free Creative Cloud membership?
                                  LeeC22 Level 1

I had to come back to post one last comment. One that has to apologise for the person that posted the earlier comments. It was me that posted them but not the me that is posting this one.

I can no longer control the side of me that posts things like that, I just have to go round and mop up the mess that is created. I can't even bring myself to look at the comments and the response they got, I am too ashamed. I also can't afford to give the other half chance to comment back at anything, so I have my browser window down to literally 10 comment lines high.

If possible, could the administrators or moderators please remove all posting privileges from this account. I can't stop it happening, so I am asking for your help... please.

If any of you have ever wondered what someone with mental issues sounds like, this is it. If you're thinking "You need help buddy", it's already happening but as you can see, it's not working very well. I got out of bed to post this, because it was my one chance to do it as this side of me. I have to go and deactivate my Twitter account after posting this.

All I can say is sorry and that's probably not enough... but it's all I have.