3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 3:04 PM by djmarty75

why are cs5 updates erroring out when downloading on windows 7?

djmarty75

i have just re-installed cs5 on a new hard drive. my serial number was verified as valid. when i use help > updates, it shows updates needed in all 5 app. after it tries to download them, it errors out with this generic screen:

Some updates failed to install.

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0 Update

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

when i click on the customer support link, it brings me to a "error: this serial number is not for a qualifying product.

Any Help, please?

• 1. Re: why are cs5 updates erroring out when downloading on windows 7?
          djmarty75 Level 1

Also, I do have my anti-virus programs shut off while downloading.

• 2. Re: why are cs5 updates erroring out when downloading on windows 7?
            mr.pix.shooter

Here is a reply I found on another thread. I went to the Manual Products update Product updates and downloaded some so-call updates but I can't open and run 'em. Adobe has proven to be a company that cares little about customers who have spent $,$$$.$$ with them over the last 15 years.  

___________________________________________________________________________________

Another's answer:

I have same problem. After you download updates within the Adobe Application Manager box and get that dreaded Updates failed to install...  look on lower left and click on "Customer Support" link. It will open a new window and tell you the error code.

Do you get Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" | CS6, CS5.5, CS5 ?

That's error I get. 2 chat sessions so far, neither person could figure out why, both said to use forums. Two hours later and I find no clear answer.  Best I find googling is CS5-6 is no longer supported. ...meaning if you have less than CS6, you need to manually install updates. The automatic update manager won't update for us any longer, and you need to go here and update all programs manually:  Product updates

• 3. Re: why are cs5 updates erroring out when downloading on windows 7?
              djmarty75 Level 1

Thank you for the forwards, but I don’t see a solution here. I only had CS5.1 before my hdd crashed. Is there a CS5.5 that perhaps I am incorrectly trying to download updates for? That is confusing, as I stated I am using the auto update feature from the pull down menu in the actual program, so I would think that it would not try to update something that I am not entitled to, but I still cannot get them to update without the error, which does say the sentence below about the serial number:

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product