7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 2:57 AM by Rick Gerard

move discontinuous

radwasaiedkhlil

thee move in the after effect is not continuous .. not smooth it is moves in 2 parts & i recognize  that gray shadow in the timeline how can i solve it ? 14.PNG

• 1. Re: move discontinuous
          radwasaiedkhlil Level 1

it seem that the move jump !! and i try to re install ??

• 2. Re: move discontinuous
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It's absolutely not clear what you mean. You need to explain better and provide proper system and version infor as well as details about your project. That "grey shadow" is simply the current frame duration.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: move discontinuous
              radwasaiedkhlil Level 1

koko.PNG
              did u know what i mean ?? i dont want to feel that the square sale up and stop and sale again ??

• 4. Re: move discontinuous
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have posted a private video that we cannot see.

• 5. Re: move discontinuous
                  radwasaiedkhlil Level 1

sorry it now public

• 6. Re: move discontinuous
                    Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm still not clear what you are trying to tell us here. You have a 2 frame move in a very slow comp and the behavior seems perfectly normal.

Mylenium

• 7. Re: move discontinuous
                      Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your video is only 5.999 fps. I have no idea where you got that frame rate but it will never be smooth at such a slow frame rate. Your keyframes are only 3 frames apart so you can only have 3 different images.Here's how to fix it:

Open your composition settings and use one of the standard templates like HDTV 1080 29.97. Now grab your last keyframe and move it to the right about 10 frames. Turn on Motion Blur and enable motion blur in your composition panel. You will now have 10 different images in the sequence that go from a Y scale value of -14% to 100% and you animation will appear smooth when you playback the project.

Your problem is that you did not know or understand the basic principals of motion pictures established nearly 200 years ago by British mathematician William George Horner when he figured out that if you put slits in a drum with sequential images inside and rotated it quickly and looked through the slits the images would appear to move. The faster you rotated the drum the more images per second you would see and the smoother the action would be. This was an improvement on a toy invented by the Chinese about 100BC according to some historians. A lot of research was done in the 1920's to find the optimum frame rate for humans to watch movies and it was established that a minimum of 12 frames per second was required to avoid eye strain and that 24 frames per second was ideal for creating the illusion of smooth motion for most scenes. I could go into a lot more detail about the effect of frame rates on motion. The debate rages on about what frame rate is best, but for most projects 29.97 is about the optimum for smooth and natural motion in a scene.