6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 5:21 AM by dietmarw45706869

Grafiktreiberprobleme

dietmarw45706869

Hallo,

ich verwende unter Windows 8.1 eine MAtrox M9140 LP PCIe x 16 Grafikkarte mit 4 Monitoren. Premier Elements 11 zeigt mir weder Video noch Bilder in der Vorschau an. Beim Starten wird eine Meldung gebracht, dass ein nicht kompatibler Videotreiber( Matrox) gefunden wurde. Ich habe den aktuellen Update heute gemacht aber ohne Erfolg. N.b. Musik vom Video ist zu hören,

Danke

DW

• 1. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dietmarw

The translate button did not translate your post, so I am doing a copy/paste of it from Google Translate

Hello,
          I'm using Windows 8.1, a Matrox M9140 LP PCIe x 16 graphics card with 4 monitors. Premier Elements 11 indicates to me neither video nor images in the preview. When you start a message is brought to an incompatible video driver (Matrox) was found. I have made the current update today but without success. N.d. Music from the video is heard,

Thank You

DW

You may be faced with a bad situation related to the compatibility of your 4 monitor set up with video card and Premiere Elements 11. You could do some tests where you looked a variations of 1, 2, 3, or 4 monitor setup.

However, before you think about that, let us try deleting the BadDrivers.txt file for Premiere Elements 11 and determining if that deletion has any influence on your display card issue.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

After you close out of there and open Premiere Elements, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file but hopefully all will be OK.

Important: make sure that you have enabled Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives so that you can see the complete path cited.

In Windows 8.1, the path to the Folders Options dialog/View Tab starts in the File Explorer.

Please let us know if you need further information on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
            dietmarw45706869 Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I'll try this today in the afternoon and get back to you,

best regards

Dietmar

Von: A.T. Romano 

Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Jänner 2015 23:50

An: Dietmar Wendl

Betreff:  Grafiktreiberprobleme

Grafiktreiberprobleme

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7130598#7130598>

• 3. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dietmar

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

We can explore additional troubleshooting opportunities if the above does not target the cause

of the problem. Those mentioned seemed the best with which to start.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
                dietmarw45706869 Level 1

Hello

baddrivers.txt contained several lines with

"#FALSE#2#0#0

Matrox Graphics Inc. #Matrox ICD for M-Series"

and this is my card M-series.

Anyway I removed it, but same behavior. In the evening I remove the 4-head card and test it again with the integrated graphic adapter to see if it works with this. HOwever if you have an additional adise I'm happy to do it,

best regards

dw

Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Jänner 2015 23:50

Grafiktreiberprobleme

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7130598#7130598> View the full discussion

• 5. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dietmarw

Thanks for the reply with your results.

When you get the display card error, the first move is to make sure that the driver version is up to date. You have done that. and the problem remains.

Have we determine if this issue is "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

(a) if it worked before but not now, you might explore a roll back of the driver version to evaluate the factor of a problem driver version.

The deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file has saved many (several Premiere Elements versions) when the driver version is up to date, you get that display card message,

and you have no place to go. You have done that and the problem remains. No more to be done along those lines.

I suspect that the issue goes to the configuration of the video card/graphics card and the 4 monitor set up.

(a) I am not sure how practical it would be for you, but could take components out of the system and add back to determine when the problem returns.

(b) Did you confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters/what the video card/graphics card names are, how many cards?

Premiere Elements often does not fare well when the computer uses more than one video card/graphics card.

Have you checked or gone over with the manufacturer of the card ways to reset the card properites in a video card/graphics card center within the computer?

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

ATR

• 6. Re: Grafiktreiberprobleme
                    dietmarw45706869 Level 1

Hello,

Sorry for the late response! I just made another test, removed the Matrox card and enabled the on board Intel 4600. Same problem. I dragNDrop a video file to the Elements 11  but as before, only the Audio portion is there no video. By the way I tried a MOV and AVI format and all drivers are up to date.

>> earlier question: did it work before.... ?

No it never worked on that paricular PC before.

>>(b) Did you confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters/what the video card/graphics card names are, how many cards?

The device manager shows only 1 card

While investigating this problem I found that Adobe PS CS6 cannot find the Graphic processor in the Matrox card but in the Intel card. This may reduce the performance but it still works on all 4 screens. I guess that the this Matrox card has a graphic processor that can be utilized to speed up the PS CS6 performance?

Kind regards

Dietmar

Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Jänner 2015 20:07

Grafiktreiberprobleme

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7137013#7137013>