3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2015 1:03 PM by A.T. Romano

MTS files

adrianjakson

I have followed some of the suggestions about how to import MTS into Premiere Elements 13 organizer.

I have successfully downloaded the MTS into vlc player

And into quicktime.

How do I rename and drag and drop into PE13 pls

• 1. Re: MTS files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adrianjakson

If you want to import MTS file into the Elements Organizer 13, you use its File Menu/Get Photos and Video/ From Files and Folders if the MTS have been saved to the computer hard drive.

Also, you can "Cascade Windows" and drag and drop the image (if format supported) into Elements Organizer 13.

If you want to rename a file in the Elements Organizer 13, click on the file to select it, look to the right to the column named Information, and there rename the file in the Name field.

Depending on how the thumbnail for the file presents in the Elements Organizer 13, you may need to try right click of the thumbnail followed by Update Thumbnail.

If you import the MTS into Premiere Elements 13 Editor first, then a copy of the file goes automatically to Elements Organizer 13.

Here you would use one of the Add Media choices or do the "Cascade Windows" with a drag and drop to the Timeline.

Please let us know if the above is the information that you should. If not, please post more information.

Remember, there can be incompatibility file to Elements Organizer that are not seen for the file in the Premiere Elements Editor.

ATR

• 2. Re: MTS files
            whsprague Level 4

adrianjakson wrote:

I have followed some of the suggestions about how to import MTS into Premiere Elements 13 organizer.

I have successfully downloaded the MTS into vlc player

And into quicktime.

How do I rename and drag and drop into PE13 pls

I don't see where you are asking to use Organizer.  If you are, ATR has helped.

For renaming the file, useing standard conventions in Windows Explorer.

For drag and drop, I've got a couple screen shots with both PrE13 and Windows Explorer open.

Capture1.JPG

The result shows the file in "Project Assets" and on the timeline. 

Capture2.JPG

• 3. Re: MTS files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

adrianjakson

From what you wrote, I believe that you were directing your questions to the Elements Organizer 13, and I responded accordingly.

Were you really asking about renaming and dropping and dragging of the source media into the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and

not the Elements Organizer?

Just in case mention...do not go moving, deleting, or renaming files and folders that were taken into the project after you saved closed

that project. If you do, you will run into some nasty media disconnect issues. When you import into the Editor's project, all you get in the project

are copies of the originals which are stored to the computer hard drive. But, the project needs to trace back to the named originals at the saved

location where they were when they were first imported into the project.

Are you aware of the Add Media/ choices in Premiere Elements 13 workspaces or is it just your preference for the drag and drop when you cascade windows?

ATR