2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 8:35 AM by bogiesan

What do you think: How was this trailer made?

ikea-katalog Level 1

Hi Folks,

i just saw this nice Trailer:

http://vimeo.com/117249493

I was wondering how they did this.

Do you think its even done in AE? Or maybe something like processing or i don't know.

How would you approach this look?

Maybe you have an idea. Its not that i want to redo it. I'm just interested …

maybe its interesting for you too …

Best,

Martin

• 1. Re: What do you think: How was this trailer made?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What? That's just a bunch of cheap blur and distortion effects with some color overlays. All perfectly doable in AE. You jsut need to learn how to use it.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: What do you think: How was this trailer made?
            bogiesan Level 4

Creating stylized patterns is fun thing to do in AE. Some of the filters that come with the application will help you do some of that stuff like Fractal Noise. But the more sophisticated patterns take lots of basic knowledge about how distortion and generation effects work. Colorado looked to like it got used a lot. I didn't see any 3D work or lights. The text matte is simple enough, you can figure that out on your own. Be sure to spend some time reading the AE help system's section called Effects Reference. Then you can hit vimeo and youtube to look for tutorials about any specific effect or filter. Lots of experimentation ahead of you, try to have fun.