5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2015 9:50 PM by Beebs1234

Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?

franm1827386

Photoshop CS5 (bought in 2011) will not open raw files from Nikon D810 (bought in 2014). Is there a patch?  Is there something I can do? 

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thank camera requires Camera Raw 8.6 which isn't compatible with Photoshop CS5. But you can download DNG converter 8.6 or newer and create digital negative (DNG) copies that will be compatible with Photoshop CS5.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?
            franm1827386 Level 1

YAY!!! Success. Thanks Jim.  I have the raw file for this image. ABC OPEN: Dancing water spouts in severe weather   I'm such a noob, I hadn't even set up the correct date on the camera.

ABC OPEN: Dancing water spouts in severe weatherFran McFadzen captures a once in a lifetime photo of two dancing water spouts near Rockhampton.

View on open.abc.net.au

Preview by Yahoo

To: Fran McFadzen <mcfadzef@yahoo.com.au>

Sent: Monday, 26 January 2015, 10:20

Subject:  Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?

created by JimHess in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussionThank camera requires Camera Raw 8.6 which isn't compatible with Photoshop CS5. But you can download DNG converter 8.6 or newer and create digital negative (DNG) copies that will be compatible with Photoshop CS5. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7130665#7130665 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7130665#7130665 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?
              Beebs1234

I've downloaded the dng converter, but where is it?  A separate program?

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?
                franm1827386 Level 1

Yes, it is a whole new program.  Look in your download folder for the .exe file, then double click it to install the program.  Once it is installed, an icon appears in your desk top, called Adobe DNG Converter.  I opened the program (by double clicking it). Then I followed the numbers down the dialogue box, 1) browse to the folder where your original RAW files are, 2) select the folder where you want the negs to go., etc, etc.  I chose Convert (or Extract, I can't remember), and the files appeared in the folder I selected as .dng files. I opened Photoshop, and Bridge, then when I double clicked the .dng files, they opened, and I was able to Photoshop them. Hope this helps.  Fran

To: Fran McFadzen <mcfadzef@yahoo.com.au>

Sent: Thursday, 29 January 2015, 13:55

Subject:  Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?

created by beebs1234 in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussionI've downloaded the dng converter, but where is it?  A separate program?  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7142404#7142404 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7142404#7142404 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS5 will not open raw files from Nikon D810. What do I need?
                  Beebs1234 Level 1

Fran,

Thanks for the info. It worked great. I owe you one.

Remember man, as you walk by,

As you are now, so once was I

As I am now, so shall you be..

Remember this and follow me.

Cheers!

Tom