9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 10:01 AM by A.T. Romano

Narration crashes Premiere....Help.

earthviewLLC

I have a RadioShack mic and it sends a signal to the Premiere Elements program. I can see the volume indicator working.  However, it immediately crashes the program after the 3 second countdown.  I immediately get "rendering files" and then "stops working" and closes.  This happens on Premiere 11, 12, and now on my recently purchased 13.  Ideas!!!???

• 1. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

earthviewLLC

By RadioShack mic, do you mean a desktop microphone that plugs into a computer jack or a desktop microphone that connects to the computer via USB or other?

On what computer operating system are your Premiere Elements programs running on? Have you explored Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and its ASIO settings?

Do you have access to another microphone for comparison purposes?

ATR

• 2. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
            earthviewLLC Level 1

I  am master of my new domain! EarthView.rocks

• 3. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

earthviewLLC

Please translate. Does that mean, great news, you resolved your narration issue?

If so, that is even greater news since you said that you had this problem with Premiere Elements 11, 12, and now 13. Then congratulations, great job.

But, could you tell us what was the key factor in your success?

If not, then please give more details so that we can try to help you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                earthviewLLC Level 1

OK...thanks.  Just got it to  work.   Plugged into the rear of my HP

pavilion, not  the front jack.  I also put some transitions on the timeline.  Then

tried the narration again.  It worked. I also did not check the stereo 

option for the mic input on the Preferences, just checked the rear mic on  the

ASIO panel.   I seem to confront this issue often, and it seems  that no

one else does.  I have had the problem with earlier version of  Elements. 

But...just got it to work and hopefully it will tomorrow.   I do about 2 or 3

movies per year, so I'm not working with the program every  week. Thanks

again......Richard

• 5. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Richard

Thanks for the clarification on your success. Great job.

Your follow up is appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                    earthviewLLC Level 1

Dear ATR......I think the essential solution for this problem is to do some

transitions on the timeline which seems to solve the crash when narration

is  attempted.  So, do some transitions first, and then narration.  Hope 

this helps others.  I have found it a problem in several versions of 

P.Elements.  Now I have to write myself a big note to remember this when I  next do

video editing!!!    Cheers, Richard

• 7. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Richard

Your solution is of interest. If you have the time....to what transitions are you referring and where are you

placing them.....between what kind of clips?

If narration, you need the narration clips first before the audio transition placement.  So, it would seem that you would get the crash before

you had a chance to create the narration clips to which you would apply audio transitions.

If non narration, I am not seeing the connection between video transitions and video clips and narration.

But, whichever the case, what you are doing now seems to work for you and may for others with a bit more clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                        earthviewLLC Level 1

Hello again.....here's my editing process:

1. select the video clips and place on the timeline (expert view)

2. then, try to add the narration (select from the tools menu)

3.  mic is working, based on the display....of course, you must switch  the

ASIO connections "on"

4.  click "record"  for the narration --  And immediately  the screen goes

to "render" for a few seconds and then "error" and shut  down.   It does

this repeatedly.

5.  Finally, after buying Premiere Elements 13 (after working the  project

on 11 and 12) and still finding the same problem, I decided to work on 

video transitions between video clips. 

6.  After doing several of these and then retrying to add narration,  all

was OK....narration worked.   So, I don't understand what is going  on, but

this seems to be the solution that works for me.  Hope it helps  others.  It

seems that no one else experiences this problem.  Lucky  me.       ---Richard

• 9. Re: Narration crashes Premiere....Help.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Richard

That clarification is much appreciated.

I have not seen that problem profile before for that many versions of Premiere Elements.

I will keep watch for similar happening to determine if we can put together a cause - effect.

Best wishes

ATR