3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2015 9:05 AM by Jaapnauta

What is the difference between scale and resize of a symbol?

Jaapnauta

Schermafdruk 2015-01-26 14.30.55.png

• 1. Re: What is the difference between scale and resize of a symbol?
          g.bollmann Level 1

I also want to know. I can't find the answer anywhere online, like everyone knows but me. These term seem to be synonyms.

This is relevant to me in working with the SYMBOL STAGE.

Difference in the browser? In Phone GAP Build?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: What is the difference between scale and resize of a symbol?
            g.bollmann Level 1

Hi, I've asked this question here in the past ... but dead air. I also want to hear it from Adobe, but from what I've gathered and searched, it goes something like this:

Scale: Think going to a copy machine and enlarging 150%. Doing so just blows up the image, showing flaws along the way.

Resize: Think enlarging in Illustrator. You make an image 150% bigger. When you print it at it's new size, it is exactly the same just bigger.

Stretched bigger vs Actually bigger.

I hope I'm right, and I hope it helps. Add it to the list of things not covered by any documentation (facepalm).

• 3. Re: What is the difference between scale and resize of a symbol?
              Jaapnauta Level 1

There should not be a difference between scaling and resizing, offcourse. The use of symbols is a key concept of Adobe Edge Animate, which is in essence a good concept. To have such a fundamental UI conceptual contradiction is tipical Adobe. They just don't care at all about the product. For me this is one of the examples of Adobe's disturbing policy; trying to sell as many software instead of developing seriously good software.