1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 10:47 AM by libsimpso

Yosemite 10.10.1, After Effects and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB no longer compatible?

libsimpso Level 1

Hi,

I recently updated my late-2012 iMac from Maverick to Yosemite 10.10.1. The system's primary function is video and graphic production using Adobe's 2014 Creative Cloud application suite. It is equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB CUDA GPU.

Adobe applications pre-Yosemite update allowed fro CUDA accelerated renders. Post OS update this is no longer an option as I realized when I opened an After Effects project and was informed that ray-tracing was no longer accessible and that I required CUDA 5.0 or later.

This led me to download and attempt to update the appropriate GPU GeForce driver, which I believe this here:http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/81212

I downloaded and opened the package to begin installation and immediately received this message:

"Computer not supported. This computer is not compatible with the NVIDIA web driver."

Is the OS Yosemite platform incompatible with my GPU now? The OS and GPU were in harmony previously. The CUDA accelerated rendering is critical to my work. If possible, can I go back to Maverick?

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Am I just attempting install the incorrect GPU driver?

Thanks for any suggestions or leads.