6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 7:56 PM by martinl90743871

Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...

mattlicari

Hi guys and gals.

Currently my workflow is to export low res images and send to my client via Dropbox or We Transfer.  They pick selects, email me a list of file names, then I go through and find the files to work on.  There has to be a better way!  Is it possible to share a folder or collection with them and have them tag or rate their selects, then have that data transferred to me so I can bypass the "finding" stage?  That stage seems archaic.  Is this better achieve in Lightroom Mobile via Cloud or Web Galleries w/ lightroom?

Thanks!

Matt Licari

www.MattLicari.com

• 1. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can certainly do it with Lightroom Mobile / Web.

The process is that after syncing a collection to LrM, right click the collection in LR Desktop or go to the Share setting on the iPad/Phone. You mark the collection as "public" (it's not really, unless someone guesses a really obscure URL) and share the URL with the client. The client then marks favourites - ie selects - and can make comments (they just need a free Adobe account). These automatically flow into LR 5.7 which has a new Sort Order - latest comments. So sort the collection and select the favourites.

Give it a try.

John

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
            RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom mobile's web component allows for liking an image and making a comment. It syncs back to your catalog automatically. To do any more you would have to share your Adobe ID with them and I don't think you want to do that.

Client Response Galleries from Turning Gate will use your Web module to create the requisite web galleries but do not sync back to your catalog automatically.

• 3. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
              krzyz

I agree with Matt that there has to be a better way. Although the random url has SOME inherent security I don't think some of my clients would be comfortable with an "unsecured" gallery of their images on the web. I would love to see if someone could write a plugin that would either allow me to get the same operability (star ratings, and comments - synced to the collection on my machine) on a self hosted site, or the ability to password protect collections with the Adobe Lightroom web sharing interface.

• 4. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
                barte84297983 Level 1

Am I missing something? For my clients to Like a photo, to make a selection, they are prompted to login to Adobe. This is the fatal flaw with every solution I've seen. Clients must create an account and login just to make a selection -- that's just too much. Am I doint something wrong? Or is this the little detail everyone keeps forgetting to mention in these posts?

Thanks,

Bart

• 5. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
                  john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Set up an extra Adobe account for yourself - client@bartsdomain.com - and give the client its login details.

I agree the client should not need to set up their own Adobe account, but alternative validation methods like Twitter, FB or G+ have downsides and are not in Adobe's control.

• 6. Re: Looking for quicker way to receive client's selection...
                    martinl90743871 Level 1

Hi Matt,

Check out Evlaa ,

We build it to speed up the photos selections with clients.

It is based on a Lightroom publishing service and it's very easy to use for both side.
                    You, and your clients, will save a lot of time, you will offer them a great experience and you will avoid a lot of errors as you retrieve the selected photos directly into Lightroom.

You can try it for free :-)

Let me know what you think