• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Adobe player/Flash version12007 &told to upgrade to13.00182?

Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an olderX2 computer Am using Firefox as Browser, but Like Google the best for info. I don't need a lot of fancy stuff & don't watch many videos or make them. Also play few games. I don't need a higher version but keep getting warnings that I MUST upgrade in order to reach some Web sites.Warning states This plugin is vulnerable and should be upgraded. Then when I go to Firefox it tells me Firefox must be upgraded. I never had this problem until the last few months. I'm not an inovator but don't want to lose my limited use of the computer.. Lots seems tu be happening since Microsoft stopped supporting my X2 computer. Can anybody help me??Old Flash Player on Download Page

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

I don't know what OS you are on, but since you mentioned Microsoft, I assume it's Windows XP.

You can still install the latest Firefox (35.0.1) and Flash Player (16.0.0.296) on your XP system.  These new versions are more secure, and they work well on Windows XP.

You can download the latest Flash Player installers from

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what OS you are on, but since you mentioned Microsoft, I assume it's Windows XP.

You can still install the latest Firefox (35.0.1) and Flash Player (16.0.0.296) on your XP system.  These new versions are more secure, and they work well on Windows XP.

You can download the latest Flash Player installers from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I fear i have gotten behind on the Firefox--no automatic updates and the Adobe Fl;assh Player seemed like too far to jump from 12.00 to 16. ---but it seems that if you don't upgrade, you can't get to other sites you want to reach so I will do it. I don't like the business of allowing outside parties to store files on my computer, but understand I can opt out of that. Thank you again

Now I have upgraded my Firefox to the recommended level . but now when I click on install Flash Player, Adobe says it can only do this if I exit Firefox. Should I close everything, and start again?? Another question. I will have to come back in AM & see if it gets an answer or figure it out for myself.... ccharvey@cvip.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cancel the above request. I put it in before I read all the rules. I now have an answer to my question and the above problem has been solved by the next answer. Thanks Carolyn Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines