2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2015 7:45 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I get Adobe Premiere Elements to stop checking my SD card slot when I start up or save a project?

Jesternario

When I start a new project, ore leave from a project, Adobe Premiere Elements keeps trying to access my removable disk slot (SD card slot) and puts up an error message. I have to hit the cancel button around 12 times to get it to stop checking. Can someone help me with this?

• 1. Re: How do I get Adobe Premiere Elements to stop checking my SD card slot when I start up or save a project?
          whsprague Level 4

Try looking at your settings for "Scratch Disks" where there are a half dozen settings that tend to be remembered from project to project.  If on previous project PrE used your SD card, it may still be wanting to continue to do so.

Edit > Preferences > Scratch Disks..

• 2. Re: How do I get Adobe Premiere Elements to stop checking my SD card slot when I start up or save a project?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jesternario

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, please follow the route to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file to delete or disable it. If that does not work,

then you delete the whole folder in which it exists

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

number of version that you have Folder

and in that Folder will be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enable so that you can see the complete path cited.

If you are a Mac user, I believe the path is

Libraries\Users\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\number of version that you have\

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so that is not a first hand route.

What is in the computer's SD card slot at the present time?

What is shown in the new project dialog's Save In field (See File Menu/New/Project) or the Save In field when you use Publish+Share/?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR