3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 7:17 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I make a video project file size smaller so that I can burn to a dvd

susanv91924549

I have made a 10 minute premiere elements 13 video which includes photos, video, music and narration.  When I publish it the size is 14.9GB which is too large to burn onto a DVD.   The size of the file seems extrodinarily large - is there a way to make the file smaller?

• 1. Re: How do I make a video project file size smaller so that I can burn to a dvd
          A.T. Romano Level 7

susanv

I would suggest that you supply more details on each of the source media so that we can evaluate where those 14.9 GB are coming from for this 10 minute project.

Photos. What pixel dimensions, how many photos?

Video. What format and duration and bitrate?

Music. What format and duration.

Narration. From program's Narration Tool or other? What duration?

What is your destination - DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc; AVCHD format on DVD disc; Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

We will be watching for your follow up to work through to what you seek. Your answers to the above are important.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I make a video project file size smaller so that I can burn to a dvd
            susanv91924549 Level 1

Thank you for your response… I figured it out, although my video was only 10 minutes long, I somehow had extended the timeline to 3hrs which was adding the additional GB.  The problem has now been resolved!

• 3. Re: How do I make a video project file size smaller so that I can burn to a dvd
              A.T. Romano Level 7

susanv

Thanks for the great news that you have sorted out your issues.

If it turned out that the Timeline Indicator stopped at 3 hour mark on the Timeline instead of the 10 minute mark, did you

inspect that 3 hour mark by expanding the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline  and inspecting that location for leftovers, fragments, clips that you dragged to the far right of the Timeline to get them out of the way, and the like? Often leftovers present as very thin black vertical lines scattered in the track(s). You need to delete them. When

the spot is cleaned up, then repeat the process until the Timeline Indicator ends at the end of your intended content.

We were glad for your progress.

Best wishes

ATR