7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 6:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Downloaded version asks for DVD.

anders martinr67589114

Product: Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 & Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (Windows,Engelsk)

Downloaded both elements and premiere part and installed OK.

1. When try to open an video project it asks for disk in drive E:
      2. In organizer when trying to open photo editor it asks for DVD or ask me to download trial version.

Do I need to burn a DVD and if so, How shall it look like?

• 1. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anders

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? From your message, looks like some version of Windows.

There is a known problem with Premiere Elements 13 regarding a No Disc error.

The solution is to delete or disable the OldFilm.AEX file.

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you can delete or disable by renaming the file from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you as it has for many other Premiere Elements 13 users.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.
            anders martinr67589114 Level 1

My system is a i7 running windows 8.1.

I renamed the OldFilm.AEX.

Fist I tried the phot editor and it still asked for DVD or trial download. I did the download and started  the unpack and restarted computer. I still get the same error.

Then I tried to open a video project and it still asks for disk in E:. The project was an archived project generated with premiere element 11.  I asked myself if version could be the real problem and tried to generate a new project and that seems to function.

Remaining problem then seems to be the photo editor and converting v11 videos.

• 3. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

anders.martinr

When you archived the Premiere Elements 11 project while still in Premiere Elements 11, what did you use

File Menu

Project Archiver

Archive Project or Copy Project ?

If you used Archive Project, the result is a folder with Trimmed in its title.

If you used Copy Project, the result is a folder with Copied in its title.

Are you dealing with Premiere Elements 11 and 13 on the same computer Windows 8.1 64 bit? For now I will assume  that you have 11 and 13 on the same computer.

Did you go to the folder (Trimmed or Copied), open that folder, find the project file (.prel), right click the project file, and select Open With, followed by

Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

Let us pause here to go over the above details to make sure I have interpreted them as they exist.

We will be watching for confirmation that the above is represents your details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.

The Photoshop editor is now functioning. I had missed that it must be installed separately.

Opening the V11 .prel does still not function.

V11 and V13 are not on the same computer. The V11 is on an older windows 7 system. I have used the copy project to write to a USB disk and the Directory are copied to the windows 8.1 system.

I have tried both to double click the .prel and to open it in premiere element startup. It hangs up in asking for drive E: disk.

• 5. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

anders martinir

This has turned out to be a very very interesting question. And, I am confirming exactly what you did and your results. So, what then...

Details

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit - project with menus

File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy Project as well as Archive Project

Did the Trimmed Folder and Copied Folder save directly to a USB Flash Drive (which was given drive letter H by the system)

Took the USB Flash Drive to Windows 8.1 64 bit.which had installed on it Premiere Elements 11 and 13.

• Opened the .prel file in the Trimmed Folder - no problems
                  • Opened the .prel file in the Copied Folder - "No Disc In" error message looking for drive letter H when USB was given drive letter of E by the 8.1 system), clicking Continue allowed for the project to open in 13. In 11 on that same computer, 2 clicks on the Cancel allowed for the project to open in 11.

Solutions

1. Hit Continue.

or

2. Instead of saving the Copied Folder to the USB Flash Drive directly, please save the Copied Folder to the Window 7 desktop and from there transfer it from the USB Flash Drive.

Then use the USB Flash Drive in Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Remember, as a safety net to be working with copy of 11 project file. Another possibility is to match the drive letters for the USB Flash Drive (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1) but I have not actually road tested that yet.

Please let us know if any of the above works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.

I finely found the solution:

Export and import has to have same directory naming:

1. I defined a directory:   C:\Video11 on both the Windows 7 (Norwegian) and the Windows 8.1 (English).
                    2. In Premiere Element 11 I selected Project Archiver and Copy Project to C:\Video11.
                    3. I copied the saved files to the same directory on Windows 8.1 machine.
                    4. Then it opened without error in Premiere element 13.

Thank You!

• 7. Re: Downloaded version asks for DVD.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

anders martinr

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of what worked for you.

The follow up is appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR