0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 6:46 AM by SirAndyMK

How do I export as High Res and Low Res PDFs automatically saving out with specific names? MAC

SirAndyMK

Hello. A while ago - before I updated and had to lose everything - I had a script supplied to me on here, basically it did the following:

I selected an Indesign file without opening it.

When I pressed a key command on my desktop (mac) it set off an automator action which essentially opened the file and exported it as two different PDFs and re-named them alternatively.

An example would be the file "1234_WOMAN HEADER_233x600mm_01_AW.indd"

Upon pressing the key command (I can sort the automator bit out) Indesign would open it, then save it out as two PDFs based on two of my presets. One would be called "1234_WOMAN HEADER_233x600mm_01_HR.indd" and would be produced according to my "High Res" settings and the other would be called "1234_WOMAN HEADER_233x600mm_01_LR.indd" produced by my "Low Res" settings.

Basically this stops me having to open every file, going down the file menu to export as High Res, etc then changing the file name, etc. THEN having to do it all again for a Low Res version. I could produce two different res versions which were appropriately named at the press of a button.

Can anyone help me on this? Last time some hero stepped up and made the world a better place for me!

I'm running Indesign CC 9.1 if that helps.

Regards

Andy

UPDATE!!!

I FOUND THIS IN MY SCRIPTS SINCE THE UPDATE SO I MUST BE PRETTY MUCH THERE. I GET A MESSAGE SAYING

Error -2700

Error String: This script contains uncompiled changes and cannot be run/

Engine: Default

File: (leads to my scpt file).

WHEN I TRY TO RUN THE SCRIPT IN THE EDITOR I GET:
      Syntax Error

Expected "end" or "end tell" but found unknown token.

BELOW IS THE ACTUAL SCRIPT:

--has to be set by user

property myLowres : "150dpi LR"

property myHighres : "300dpi HR"

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC"

set myDocs to every document

repeat with i from 1 to count of myDocs

try

set myDoc to (item i of myDocs)

set filePath to file path of myDoc

set fileName to name of myDoc

set {LRFilePath, HRFilePath} to my getTargetPaths(filePath, fileName)

export myDoc format PDF type to LRFilePath using PDF export preset myLowres without showing options

export myDoc format PDF type to hrFilePath using PDF export preset myHighres without showing options

on error e

display dialog e giving up after 5

end try

end repeat

end tell

on getTargetPaths(fileObject, nameString)

set folderPath to fileObject as text

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"."}

if (count of text items of nameString) is 1 then

set {LR, HR} to {folderPath & nameString & "_LR.pdf", folderPath & nameString & "_LR.pdf"}

else

set {LR, HR} to {folderPath & (text items 1 thru -2 of nameString) & "_LR.pdf", folderPath & (text items 1 thru -2 of nameString) & "_HR.pdf"}

end if

return {LR, HR}

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {""}

end getTargetPaths