• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP7: web object does not show up

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted a web object in a slide.

I can see the linked webpage in the preview rectangle available while creating the web object.

But when I preview the project the slide is visible without the web object.

Someone can help me?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload your content to a web server and test from there.  Your link could be blocked by browser security when working locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Nope. That's not it. Ive published it to our LMS it still doesnt work and it's not the LMS. I'm guessing that unless you are using ADOBE CONNECT it wont work .. correct?

I start with this to test it:

And when I publish/upload to the LMS all I see is this;

A blank slide.. IS THE WIDGET BROKEN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be due to some issue where the LMS player is blocking the link or causing it not to show because the Captivate content is playing inside a frameset and that is messing with the hierarchy.

Are you able to upload to a normal webserver somewhere (NOT an LMS) and try to see it there.  If the Web Object shows the other web page when there's no other player or frameset involved, then I think we know what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really sucks butt.. I cant use video in my courses because the Captivate widget simply doesn't work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional error;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently what they tell you to do (below F11 or F12 ) simply doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working FOR YOU.  But that doesn't mean it simply doesn't work.

It looks to me like you may have other issues in your setup somewhere, but I'm not a MAC user so I can't help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. what I can tell you is it didnt work when I was using CP6 on a PC... then they got me a MAC .. but still didnt work.. then got CP7... still didnt work.. then CP8.. didnt work... and we havent moved to CP9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thank you for your time and replies... I'll check into things further at this end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have been exceedingly unlucky.  Are you working in a corporate network environment perhaps?  If so, I'm wondering if there's something about that which could be affecting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Since you are also working on CP8 can you try using the native Web object? You can find this under Objects > Web object.

Can you also try previewing (F11) on other browsers?

Thanks,

Mohana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources