1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 12:24 PM by John Mensinger

Where Photoshop CS6 exports the clipboard and how to delete it

svetlioddd Level 1

Hello, I have a problem with Photoshop CS6. I made one big file (350x300cm) and I worked a long on it. When closed Photoshop I saw a message "Exporting clipboard" and it was very slow operation. Then, when I looked to my D part of Hard disc it was 2-3 GB less. On the next day, after work with the file - my D part was 1 GB less. Where Photoshop export clipboard? How to free up the space? I saved the file in C part of hard drive and C is scratch disc, Photoshop and my OS are installed on C, so why from D disappear space? Can you help me to bring back these lost space? I can't see any new files to delete. Where are this exported?

I am working on Windows 8 64-bit.

• 1. Re: Where Photoshop CS6 exports the clipboard and how to delete it
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When Photoshop "exports the clipboard" it puts the contents of the separate Photoshop clipboard on the operating system clipboard. You can purge it by going to a text-based application, selecting a single character and and pressing Ctrl+C. A search of your drives for *.tmp (and delete found files) should get you some of that disk space back.

While Photoshop is running, you can purge the Photoshop clipboard by choosing Edit > Purrge > Clipboard (or All).

To prevent clipboard export every time Photoshop shuts down, deselect Export Clipboard in Preferences > General.