2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 2:21 PM by rob day

Any way to print 2-up perfect bound with space between pages AND the inner bleed populated with (desired) MASTER background image rather than (unwanted) adjacent page image?

MrRuminator

Any way to print 2-up perfect bound with space between pages AND the inner bleed populated with (desired) MASTER background image rather than (unwanted) adjacent page image?

• I have a 96-page layout set up with facing page spreads, as if I were going to saddle stitch the publication. Thus, the inner edge of each page touch, and occasionally an image goes across the two pages.
      • But rather than saddle-stitching, it will be cut to 8.5x11 sheets (actually slightly wider – 8.625) and then glue bound.
      • Therefore, I will be printing “2-up perfect bound” and will specify a value for “Space Between Pages” to allow for trimming to 8.625x11.
      • What that does when I print, however, is create an empty white space in the middle between the pages, with no background/image bleeding beyond the trim lines.  (All pages use a master for the background that bleeds on all four edges.)
      • Specifying a value for “Bleed between pages” is not an acceptable solution because rather than using the master image, it borrows the image from the facing page in the layout.
      • MY QUESTION IS: Is there a way to get ID to bleed using the master image rather than whatever image happens to be on the facing page?  WITHOUT having to redo the ID document setup?  (If there is no way then I would much rather go with empty white and risk a sliver of white being noticeable than have a sliver of image from an adjacent page repeating itself.)