Exit

Downloading adobe flash player in english

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Flash will not update properly.

I've tried a clean install by uninstalling the flash player, but when I tried to re- install Flash Player again something was wrong with it: the installer tried to install a dutch version of Flash Player. I think I was in holland when I first downloaded this program.

I tried to select option "Want Flash Player for another PC?" - but it had no option to chose the language - it indicated the correct ox s system for download.

But when the file downloaded & I ran it - guess what? Yes, exactly - it started to install Flash Player in Dutch!

So I have a question: how can I install English-localized Flash Player and prevent myself from seeing again the Dutch download?

I have no idea why the Dutch player keeps installing after (i think  ) a complete uninstal...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Martin,

The Flash Player installer is a universal installer that contains localized text for all supported languages.  Flash Player uses the system locale (language and region) when identifying the language to display.  Perhaps this setting was modified when you were in Holland.  What operating system are you using?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria

I've just uploaded the new os x Yosemite on a MacBook Pro.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines