11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 1:33 PM by ea2th

Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome

ea2th Level 1

Can not view site from published animate folders when viewing in Chrome and using the public folder in dropbox

Untitled

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you testing locally or on a server/ Sometimes Chrome's security prevents comps from starting or displaying.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
            ea2th Level 1

" viewing in Chrome and using the public folder in dropbox"

The link above is in my public dropbox folder. correct no issue when viewing the preview in chrome (command+return) only happens when File/Publish is selected

prior to Adobe Max there was never a problem viewing them via a dropbox public link when sharing for others to view.

since the release of cc 2014 chrome on mac has not been displaying this correctly.

i included in the beta notes to the team a few months back, no response.

OSX 10.8.5, Animate cc 2014.1, Chrome Version 40.0.2214.94 (64-bit)

• 3. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
              Manigandan Adobe Employee

Hi Christopher

Can you pl confirm that the published output can be viewed from chrome directly, and that only when shared via public dropbox folder, published site is not displayed?

If so, The issue has more to do with the browser than Animate.. Anyway, We'll check with older Animate to see any difference in behavior, If any, and get back to you.

• 4. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
                ea2th Level 1

Correct, when published locally it works in Chrome. However, when published to the public Dropbox folder it will not.

Prior to release after Adobe Max, i experienced no issues with displaying in Chrome online in from Public Dropbox. This is how i share wireframes and prototypes for clients to review on their various devices. Since the Fall 2014 this has no longer been working correctly. Safari works fine for both local and Public Dropbox.

Is there maybe a pathing issue that was rewritten with the CC 2014 update?

• 5. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
                  ea2th Level 1

ok, so if i just dump the entire project (not just the "published" folder, the project shows in Chrome online, making me believe that there when "published" there is a patching issue and something is not being referenced.

Entire project with out going to File/Publish viewed on Public Dropbox

Not Published

Entire project going to File/Publish then dragging "publish" folder to Public Dropbox

Published

• 6. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome

Hi Christopher

I am yet to check the corresponding behavior with older versions of Animate but the main reason for the difference in behavior for your 'Not published' and 'Published' is because, in the former, the edge animate  runtime(edge.5.0.1.min.js) is accessed locally whereas in the latter the edge runtime((edge.5.0.1.min.js) is accessed over network/CDN. Even in Safari you can see the warnings for the same 'Published' composition because the page is accessed by as secure url(https) but the runtime you are accessing is over http.

For now, can you pl try changing the publish settings of your composition, i.e go to File -> publish settings -> Web and uncheck the option "Host runtime files on Adobe CDN" and then publish the content. There is a chance that chrome will not throw the error with this publish setting. Do let us know if this is working.

Thanks

Manigandan

• 7. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome

Hi Christopher

Another simple  work around is,

When you visit a https page with http content(edge runtime), a shield icon will appear at the right edge of the omnibar of google chrome.

Click on the shield icon, and then click Load anyway, and the runtime will be loaded. Altering this setting will make your content to be consistent with Safari behavior you reported.

Let us know If it works.

Thanks

Manigandan

• 8. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
                        ea2th Level 1

With the CDN is this included with CC?

I tried to publish to that instead but it's not display the static html page only the file.

If it's faster i'd prefer to use that.

I think telling a client to press a shield to view a published edge animate html site may be too much.

It should just work with out having to give extra steps to a client.

I just republished a project as Static html and unchecked the CDN option and it works.  I'll need to test this on some of my older Edge Animate projects that used the previous framework to see if it works.

thanks for the response!

• 9. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome

Hi Christopher

The necessity for dismissing the security appears only when sharing the links directly over dropbox or other such sharing site over https, otherwise it does not happen during actual deployment of the Animate composition or If you share the whole composition as a .zip.

Thanks

Manigandan

• 10. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
                            ea2th Level 1

Ahh got it. 

So HTTPS is the culprit.

The Adobe CDN is, or is not included in our CC storage? I'm still a little unclear regarding the Adobe CDN service

• 11. Re: Publish folder not displaying site in Chrome
                              ea2th Level 1

Also, what is the difference between when the DOM option is ghosted out or selectable. Does it have to do with if images or media were used in the authoring environment and included when published?