2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 8:46 AM by AaronWilliamsMayer

Ghost Panels and Misplaced Tool Sub-Menus?

erinlelandpatrick

I have a dual-monitor setup and after upgrading from CC to CC 2014 I noticed that any panels I have on my second monitor create a ghost toolbar where any tool sub-menus I click also show up. The attached picture is pretty self-explanatory, the left half of the image is my secondary monitor. I've noticed it in Photoshop and InDesign so far. It doesn't matter if I use my own Workspace or one of the Pre-Defined Workspaces. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas how to fix it?

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, everything is up to date.

PSCC2014_BUG.jpg

Thanks,

EP

• 1. Re: Ghost Panels and Misplaced Tool Sub-Menus?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I have not notice that but that may be because my second screen is full of Photoshop Palette. If I want to see what else is on that display I have to use shift Tab to hide Photoshops Palettes. or Alt-Tab to bring a windows application window to the top  When I do I have never seen a ghost Image window for a Photoshop Image windows.  I keep my image windows in floating windows in Photoshop Main application window on my other display.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Ghost Panels and Misplaced Tool Sub-Menus?
            AaronWilliamsMayer

My co-worker actually experienced this same issue in CS6.  He has a 3 monitor setup running Windows 7 64bit.  When he called me over to show me the issue, I noticed that the ghost shape looked like his toolbar.  So, I asked him to dock it and that somehow resolved the issue. He had the ghost appearing on different workspaces from different windows.  Docking or un-docking the windows seems to do the trick. Hope this helps out.