2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 4:19 PM by A.T. Romano

hello all

dicktatorsmith

can anyone tell me if premiere elements 12 is 4k compatible? was going to get a 4k go pro and would like it to work with the elements i have.

thank you for you time

• 1. Re: hello all
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dicktatorsmith

4K is just a video resolution not a format type. So it is important to know the video compression, file extension, and other properties of a file beside the 4K sizing.

However, the 4K video from GoPro appears to be working with Premiere Elements 12.

Premiere Elements 12 has project presets as well as export presets for 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels) video.

Project Preset...check out NTSC or PAL AVCHD and the QRHD project presets.

Export Preset - check out Publish+Share/Computer/XAVC-S and the .presets there.

If you do not already have Premiere Elements, I would suggest that you look at a tryout first to determine the program's compatibility with your computer

environment as well as with your project goals.

We will be looking forward to your progress. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: hello all
            A.T. Romano Level 7

dicktatorsmith

Add On...In evaluating Premiere Elements, please make a distinction between Premiere Elements Editor and the Elements Organizer that comes with it.

So, check out the 4K GoPro footage in both before making any purchasing decision. If you need tryout files for this non current version (12), please look into

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

You need to read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid Access Denied message.

ATR