4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 10:07 PM by A.T. Romano

generating peak file freezes on Premiere Elements 13

aperture14

After several successes, I am unable to burn a disk or file of my latest project.

Generating peak file is stuck at 99 percent

Also, Adobe is very unstable. It constantly freezes, and I have to shut it down through Task Manager. Should I uninstall Adobe? Will I lose all my projects if I do?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: generating peak file freezes on Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aperature 14

What do you mean by peak file stuck at 99 percent?

Are you referring to a message in the progress bar while you are waiting for

Encoding

Compiling Media

Burning to Disc

Where do you have your project's Scratch Disks directed to? And, how much free space is at the location

shown in

Edit Menu

Preferences

Scratch Disks?

What antivirus program does your computer use?

If you uninstall Premiere Elements, you should not lose your Premiere Elements project files.

Do not go near the source media that went into those project files.

Have you increased the size of your projects and have started to include different video formats in these projects?

Are you including more and more still with greater and greater pixel dimensions? Have you expected your Timeline content

with the Timeline expanded using the +- slider above the Timeline, looking for content construction irregularities?

Please view and consider and then we can discuss this situation further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: generating peak file freezes on Premiere Elements 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

aperature

Did you resolve your problem as presented in the thread title and question?

If not, please look into (besides the comments in post 1)

1. Does the project exist with and without the preference enabled for Intel HD Graphics 2000 or Higher under Edit Menu/Preferences/General?

More later.

ATR

• 3. Re: generating peak file freezes on Premiere Elements 13
              aperture14 Level 1

ATR, replying to your queries:

1. Yes re generating peak file stuck at 99 percent

Are you referring to a message in the progress bar while you are waiting for

Encoding

Compiling Media

Burning to Disc

2. ,avi files are on my desktop. I have lots of free space. On the scratch disks I show 244 GB -- is that free space or filled space?

Where do you have your project's Scratch Disks directed to? And, how much free space is at the location

shown in

Edit Menu

Preferences

Scratch Disks?

3. Kaspersky

What antivirus program does your computer use?

4. No to the below questions. I'm just using sound and video in an .avi file. The current project is 20 minutes. No special effects, no transitions. I put a title at the beginning plus three captions.

Have you increased the size of your projects and have started to include different video formats in these projects?

Are you including more and more still with greater and greater pixel dimensions?

5. Yes, but I don't know if I'd see a flaw if I had one. Everything looks consistent, no gaps.

Have you expected your Timeline content

with the Timeline expanded using the +- slider above the Timeline, looking for content construction irregularities?

6. I enabled and disabled the Intel HD Graphis card. No difference.

I can do very little with Adobe now. It constantly says "not responding."

• 4. Re: generating peak file freezes on Premiere Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Please go with the uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), and then the reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s)

disabled - look for the antivirus control panel and disable the Real Time protection if that is how your antivirus is configured.

CCleaner - Download

Thanks.

ATR