1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 5:06 AM by Ned Murphy

Serial number

Rebeccar

Hi,

I brought a Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium Student/ Teacher Windows in 2013. My laptop crashed and I sent it off to get fixed. I just got my laptop back and everything including programs has been wiped off! I have my Adobe Creative Suite 6 disc and its packaging. I want to up load Adobe Creative Suite onto my laptop again.  I have the product code on the back of the box. But I am not sure if this is the serial number or not?  Do I need to let Adobe know that I have to reload the my programed again?

Thanks,

Rebecca

• 1. Re: Serial number
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't need to notify them but you should contact them thru chat and ask them to reset your activations.  Here's why...  your license allows for you to have two activated installations (as in two different machines).

When your machine crashed and the programs were wiped, chances are the programs were not deactivated to free up the activation.  As a result you have one activation lost in limbo.  You could still install and activate on the machine again using your second activation, but then you would not have the extra one available should you come to need it.

If you reinstall/activate before you get the reset then if you do pursue the reset you will need to activate the new installation again.

Here's info for getting to chat...

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
          http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

As far as finding the serial number goes, it is normally on the case that contains the disc, not the box that contains everything.   It is a 24 digit series of numbers... 6 groups of 4 digits.  If you registered the software when you first installed it then your serial number should be available thru your Adobe account online.