3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 9:42 AM by Peter Spier

Clicking on Text Field - open Image

ZickZak

Hello,

is it possible to open an image after I click on a text field? Also, I need this image to be embedded, because when I need this feature on my iPad, I don't have internet access.
      I started to use InDesign 30 minutes ago, so no Pro.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Clicking on Text Field - open Image
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Not sure what you are trying to do. It would help a lot if you explained it clearly.

If you mean you want an image inline in your text, then yes, File > Place... find your image and say OK and it will appear where your cursor is. Be aware, though that unless the image is quite small it may force the text into overset, so it may be safer to place the image on the pasteboard first, then scale as required before moving it into the text (cut and paste to make it inline).

Placed images may be embedded from the flyout menu in the Links panel, but it's not recommended as it adds a lot of weight to the file and makes updating harder.

• 2. Re: Clicking on Text Field - open Image
            ZickZak Level 1

I want to open an image in something like a lightbox, when I click a text field.
            I am guessing it isn't possible.

• 3. Re: Clicking on Text Field - open Image
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

In your InDesign file, or in the output (interactive PDF, for example). I don't do interactive, but it's certainly possible to create an interactive PDF in ID with buttons to open an image.