2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 9:24 AM by DrStrik9

Not enough Ram memory and cannot save due to a program error in photoshop cs6

eddiesarafian

Hi, I'm currently a beginner at photoshop cs6, and I've been using it since december last year, mostly to draw stuff and it has worked fine with few to no errors at all.

However, recently when I've been drawing, the same message keeps popping up over and over again "Can't use (tool) due to the computer not having enough ram" followed by either "cannot save due to program error" or, it just simply crashes.

This is obviously a something that worries me A LOT since at first, I thought that it was just a small error, but recently, it's been like this for several day s and I've been forced to re-start the computer (and photoshop) countless times... It really slows down my working progress and is VERY annoying to deal with.
      As a beginner though, I don't really know how to fix this. I've been trying to look up some answers on this site, but I've just not found any answer yet...

I'm currently using photoshop cs6 that's up to date and I've got lots of memory left on my computer, so, I'm wondering. What exactly is the cause of this problem, and how can I fix it? Please answer as fast as you can.. I'm getting a bit desperate...

Oh, in case you're wondering, they're all saved as PSD files and every single one of them has about 15+ layers on them.