14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 7:56 PM by jtu50

No sound in exported video

jtu50

I just purchased Premiere Elements 13.  Using it on a PC Win 8.1  I editted and combined MOV clips from my camera.The export worked fine using the MPEG (for playback on computer or burning to DVD)  export.  I then went back and decided to add a title. On exporting the second time there was no audio using the MPEG option. I took out the title, exported and audio was fine. I then exported using windows media option and the Quicktime options.  Audio worked fine on each of these.  Any thoughts on why there is this problem or how to solve it other than what I have done? Shouldn't I be able to use the MPEG option to playback on my computer?

Jeff R

• 1. Re: No sound in exported video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jtu50

Where did the title come from - the project's Titler workspace or other?

What player are you using for the MPEG

a. when you first exported the Timeline content to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG

b. when you next exported the Timeline content plus title added to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG

c. when you next exported the Timeline content minus the title that you had added to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG

Windows 8 and 8.1 have been known MPEG2 issues related to Microsoft Windows Media player, but the with and without

title information does not fit into that scenario.

Are you doing any of these play backs in the Elements Organizer using playback from thumbnails of the MPEG imported there?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: No sound in exported video
            jtu50 Level 1

projects titler workspace

• 3. Re: No sound in exported video
              jtu50 Level 1

To answer the other part of your question, I exported to desktop and played from there.

JR

• 4. Re: No sound in exported video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jtu50

From your desktop location what was the name of the player that opened to play the video - Windows Media Player 12 or other?

ATR

• 5. Re: No sound in exported video
                  jtu50 Level 1

It opened with Window Media Player.  When created, there was also another file placed on my desktop that had a string of letters and numbers as it's name

• 6. Re: No sound in exported video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jtu50

What is your preset choice under Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG....?

This afternoon I am going to be doing some in depth looks into Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit as they related to MPEG exports and no audio heard for that export?

What your mention of with and without title as a key factor to go or no go, detoured me from that question.

More later.

ATR

• 7. Re: No sound in exported video
                      jtu50 Level 1

There seems to be no choices under preset.  Settings are whatever comes up

when one clicks on the advanced button.  Can you tell me specifically what

you're looking for?

Will probably not be able to reply again until tomorrow.

JR

• 8. Re: No sound in exported video
                        jtu50 Level 1

BTW, if one looks in the advanced editor before exporting, the audio track

is there and plays properly.  Since the title has no audio, I wonder if

somehow it "turns off" the audio for the entire recording when exported

On Sunday, February 1, 2015, Jeffrey Rothburd <jeffrey.rothburd@gmail.com>

• 9. Re: No sound in exported video
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jtu50

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit

When you get to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG and where it says Presets, there are many presets to choose from (starting with NTSC DVD Standard and ending with TiVo Series 2 (NTSC). Which one of those preset have you been putting in the Presets field?

After you select the preset for the Presets field, do you use the default settings there and just click Save to beginning the export?

Or do you click on the preset's Advanced Button and change any of the settings for Video Tab, Audio Tab, or Multiplexer Tab?

Also, at the top of the Export Settings dialog, do you see a check mark next to Export Video as well as next to Export Audio?

I hope before the end of the day to go through some testings in that area, and it would be good if I tried to repeat the process using your

settings.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 10. Re: No sound in exported video
                            jtu50 Level 1

I've never seen options for presets. I did see check boxes for export audio and video both were checked. I used the default settings

• 11. Re: No sound in exported video
                              jtu50 Level 1

In the options for export the first one is mpeg- to view on a computer or create dvd. That is the option i used. See orig post. The option for quicktime or windows pc, if i remeber correctly, worked fine. It was the mpeg option that had the problem

• 12. Re: No sound in exported video
                                jtu50 Level 1

OK, I'm looking at the options that come up after clicking on Publish and Share.  There is a window that lists options for Private web album,  Social Websites, Disc, Computer, Mobile Phones.  After clicking on option for Computer, there is a list of export formats beginning with MPEG - for playback on this computer or burning to DVD, AVCHD,  a few others including Windows Media and Quicktime.  The option that gave me problems was the MPEG.  Underneath there is a dropdown with Presets.  It is set as NTSC DVD Standard, which is what I used.  It worked fine without the title but not with it.  I just re-rendered and exported using HDTV 720p 24 High Quality and it worked fine - audio present.  So I guess the problem was I used the wrong preset, i.e. the default one that came up.

JR

• 13. Re: No sound in exported video
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jtu50

Thanks for the reply and details.

Just in case mention...

Project preset needs to match the properties of your source media.

General guideline - if you have a 16:9 project, then do not export using a 4:3 export or vice versa.

And, when you export, for example, Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG, what you is showing for Presets is not the program suggesting use of the preset.

You are responsible for making the choice of preset which is consistent with the project settings and that meets your requirements.

I still have not figure out how a with and without title triggered the no audio situation. Still working on that.

You might want to do that export using the NTSC DVD Widescreen which is a 16:9 export to see if the results from doing that fit into this happening with

Presets = NTSC DV Standard.

But, great news that the Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG worked for you with the Presets = HDTV 720p24.High Quality.

Great that you are moving forward with your projects. If you want to discuss the matter further in more depth, please do not hesitate to ask. Glad

to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: No sound in exported video
                                    jtu50 Level 1

Yes.  Thanks for your help

Jeff