13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 10:24 AM by PringlesandIcedTea

can't update flash player

1_grizz

I am running windows vista 32-bit. I have flash player 16.0.0.257 and am unable to update to 16.0.0.296 in IE9. Chrome is not a problem and updates automatically. Google is also my default browser.

In IE9, Active x filtering is NOT checked. In internet options, security and trusted sites - active scripting is enabled and security is set for medium.

When I try to do the update, the update stalls on step 2. If I try to do it again I get a message that only a single instance of this application can run. If I clear it out of downloads and try again, it's just a vicioius cycle of same repeated problem.

With the IE browser open I can check my version at Adobe site which verifies my present version. When I go to the help page, I get a black screen with blue words on the right. I have to scroll down very far to get the white page with the install info, etc.

I had this problem quite a long time ago and used to be able to click on a direct link for ie. But I no longer am able to find that.

Please help. Thank you.