1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 12:51 PM by Todd_Kopriva

GeForce GTX 970 & Maxwell GPU structure???

AIR BOSS Level 1

Is either Adobe or Nvida going to make this card compatible with AE CC?? I have been waiting for the longest time for this issue to be resolved. It seems the only thing I have learned digging through the forum is Adobe cares little about fixing this issue. I made the upgrade to this video card 2 months ago and have not been able to use After Effects since. I mean really WTF over, a faster more efficient video card and it wont run Adobe CC. Who wants to wait all day for something to render using older slower cards!!?? Am I missing something here??

• 1. Re: GeForce GTX 970 & Maxwell GPU structure???
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Exactly what features are you trying to use with this card that are not functioning as you expect?

This card should work fine for the OpenGL features of After Effects.

The only feature for which this card won't work is CUDA acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer, which is an obsolete feature that is being phased out in favor of superior ways of working with 3D in After Effects. This will never work with this card, because Nvidia changed the architecture of their GPUs when making the GTX 970 and other Maxwell cards.

After Effects uses the GPU for very little, so in general the GPU that you get will make very little difference for After Effects.

Details of GPU usage:

GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6