5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 10:04 AM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor just stopped launching and crashed every time now... getting fed up.
        A.T. Romano Level 7

tomstanding

Please confirm that the Premiere Elements 11 that you are using on your Mac computer is Premiere Elements 11 Editor purchased from the Mac App Store. That appears to be the case based on the title of your screenshot. If you had Premiere Elements 11 Mac (not from Mac App Store), I could give you a link to alternative installation files into which you could insert your purchased serial number in order to try to resolve your issue.

If this is Premiere Elements Editor from the Mac Store, do you have any installation files and purchase serial number from the Mac App Store? I suspect not, but thought that I would ask anyway. The Mac App Store no longer supports your product according to what I have read online.

If uninstall reinstall is not a possibility, you might explore deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file for starters.

Libraries\Users\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0

Can you find that file on your version?

How long have you been using this program successfully?

Please consider and then we can think about what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor just stopped launching and crashed every time now... getting fed up.
          tomstanding Level 1

Yeah I downloaded it via the app store on my IMac a few months back, it was working fine until the iMac wanted to be updated and since then all adobe products don't work and adobe don't do Premiere Elements 11 no more which is why I'm angry because it can't be updated and is no longer compatible. don't know how to get around it feels like I wasted my money. I uninstalled and reinstalled by still the same problem happens.

• 3. Re: My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor just stopped launching and crashed every time now... getting fed up.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

tomstanding

The Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mac is not the same as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor that you purchased from the Mac App store. From what I understand, you probably were never given a serial number for this Editor since the licensing of the Mac App store product was through Mac App store and not Adobe.

Purchases through Mac App Store FAQ

So, I see not uninstall/reinstall relief for this Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor.

Again, a reminder, Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mac is not the same as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor.

If you had purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe or an authorized reseller, then you would be in a favorable troubleshooting position.

Did deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file have any impact on your issue(s)?

Are you at a point where computer optimization (permissions/preferences) after the operating system update would be worthwhile?

ATR

• 4. Re: My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor just stopped launching and crashed every time now... getting fed up.
              tomstanding Level 1

Ok, I'll have to buy the software straight from adobes website then, does look exactly the same, my iMacs just did another update today my systems now mac os x Yosemite version 10.10.2. but still the same problem, when i reinstalled I thought it was going to work, it installed the way it should, but then opening it. it freezes and that same error shows. but the funny thing is adobe photoshop elements 11 editor is now working fine? and it wasn't before which is good. but still adobe premiere elements 11 editors failing.

• 5. Re: My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor just stopped launching and crashed every time now... getting fed up.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tomstanding

Thanks for the reply. You have a lot of considerations before you.decide to purchase additional software.

Great that the Photoshop Elements 11 Editor from Mac App Store is working, but I am not sure how that was integrating with Premiere Elements 11 Editor or will interact with Premiere Elements 11 Mac if you can find the latter for purchase online from Amazon or other. (I realize that the Mac App Store products did not come with Elements Organizer 11; whereas the Premiere Elements 11 Mac does.)

If you want to add Premiere Elements 11 Mac to your computer, it might be a good idea to look at the tryout from the following web site, and then purchase from your selected vendor. The web site offering the 11 tryout does not sell the tryout as far as I have ever heard.

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

With this route you need to read and carryout carefully that web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid access denied messages.

When you purchased 11 Mac, you could even leave that tryout installed and just insert the serial number from your purchased 11 product in them to make

that your working system.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR