5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 5:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc

aaron-friedman@att.net Level 1

I've been trying to burn my project to a blank Blu-ray disc, but I keep getting a device error message on the Publish-Share box at 98% completion. I've tried this on separate disc drives and with different discs, but I keep getting this same error. I've burned projects before, but I've never gotten this message before; they've all been successful. I use Windows 8.1 Pro. The image is attached.

Device error.PNG

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aaron-friedman

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit).

What do you see in the burn dialog's Quality area for Space Required and Bitrate?

Are you doing this burn to with or without a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

How does the Space Required and Bitrate and "Fit Content to Available Space" selection for this Device Error run as compare

to those runs that were successful? How many burn to Blu-ray discs have you completed successfully before this Device Error one?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc

1) What do you see in the burn dialog's Quality area for Space Required and Bitrate?

Aprox. 14 GB for space required & bit rate was around 29 f/s. (I think - not sure of the units)

2) Are you doing this burn to with or without a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

Without check mark.

3) How does the Space Required and Bitrate and "Fit Content to Available Space" selection for this Device Error run as compare

to those runs that were successful? How many burn to Blu-ray discs have you completed successfully before this Device Error one?

Space required has varied, but it has never been over the disc volume of 22 GB. I think I've burned three or four since I bought this Asus computer last month.

I'll check these values again. It always stops at 98%. Now I'm trying to burn the disc again, and it's at 58% completion, and yes my computer is 64 bit.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc
              A.T. Romano Level 7

aaron-friedman

Thanks for the reply with additional information about your burn to Blu-ray situation.

The only time I have seen what you have presented is when the Space Required was less than 23 GB and I

have used a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space". Are you getting a small yellow triangle at the bottom left

of the Expert workspace? If so, place click on it, to reveal the problem message.

You do not appear to be overloading the disc with Space Required 14 GB, but I would question the bitrate that

you gave 29 f/s. You should be seeing 20.19 Mbps (megabits per second) for the bitrate at that point. I think that

what you wrote for bitrate was a typing error. But, if it is not, then we need to investigate that bitrate reading.

Could you give more information on your discs - BD-R or BD-RE, 25 GB or 50 GB? When you evaluate different

Blu-ray discs, were you using discs from the same brand/batch?

In the Timeline for this project, did you use menu markers? If so, did you include stop markers?

Since you posted last did you get any successful burn to Blu-ray?

More later.

Thanks.for the follow ups.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc

Well guess what? My third try worked, but I don't know why. What I will do at this point is burn another disc, write down all the values you asked for, and if it doesn't work, I'll let you know. (Should I close this question?)

Thanks

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 will not burn Blu-ray disc
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

aaron-friedman

Great news. Please continue in this thread. We will be watching for your confirming results with details of the burn to Blu-ray settings and what you believe that

you might have done differently this last run than you were doing before.

Very pleased with your news. Hope we can put a why answer to it to avoid it happening again for you.

Thinking positive thoughts.

ATR