3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 3:19 PM by A.T. Romano

My published project is all pixelated and blurry

FFinder

Not sure why or how I can fix this but my finished Premier Elements 13 projects published to my computer are all fuzzy and pixelated.  Can't figure out how to fix this.  Tried starting from scratch twice.

Thank You

• 1. Re: My published project is all pixelated and blurry
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ffinder

Premiere Elements 12 on what computer operating system?

We need to build on some details to plan the troubleshooting strategy.

1. What are the properties of your source files - we can get most of what we need in this regard by knowing the brand/model/settings of the

camera that recorded your video. Looking for as much as possible for

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

2. What is the project preset that you (manually) or the project (automatically) is setting to match the properties of the source media? If you

do not know, then please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project

Settings/General (even if the readings look grayed out.

3. When you get to Publish+Share/ what is your choice for the export and its export settings?

If you have questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

We will be watching for your follow up in order to decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: My published project is all pixelated and blurry
            FFinder Level 1

Thank you for your reply. 

I use the Elements 13 with Windows 8.  I am fairly new at using this program as far as trouble shooting goes.  I know the basics of making the project and that is about it.  I shot the footage using a Fuji XP Fine pix Camera.

My final movie project will consist of 3 finished published portions which were broke into 3 smaller projects of 2-5 minutes to avoid any glitches. The first two published portions turned out perfectly when played back on Windows Media.  For some reason the third part (although fine when playing back within the project) turns out fuzzy and pixalated in the finished published version.  I have tried 3 separate times to start over.  It is all the same footage I shot for the first two successful portions which leaves me confused.  Hope that this is a start and that it makes sense.

The length of the final portion is 6;12 seconds.

Video Details/Properties of the botched finished project are:

Frame width/height is 720x480...it was not shot in 1080p...

Data Rate 6694kbps

Total Bit Rate 7207kbps

Frame Rate 29 frames/second

Again I have created 2 previous published chapters with no issues.  Same camera, same footage, same settings.

Thanks Again

• 3. Re: My published project is all pixelated and blurry
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ffinder

Thanks for the additional information. Appreciated.

With Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13, the project takes over setting the project preset to match the properties of the video that is first dragged to the project's Timeline.

Some times it does it right, sometimes not. In the not situation, the project does not give you the closest fit but rather it gives you its default which represents 1920 x 1080 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frame per second. From what I have read, the Fuji XP Fine Pik series is probably recording 640 x 480 4:3.

If you decided to work the grand project with components from other projects, the export settings of the 3rd part may have been set inconsistently with 1 st and 2nd part.

First, some preliminary information...what is the frame size and frame rate of parts 1, 2, and 3 as seen in Premiere Elements 13 Properties for each part. (Right click part's thumbnail in Expert workspace Project Assets, and select Properties from the pop up menu). Do you see 640 x 480 @ 30 frames per second for each of part 1, 2, and 3? Or is 3 different than the rest?

If they are all alike and 640 x 480 @ 30 frames per second, then I would like you to go through the following workflow.

1. Open Premiere Elements 13 to its Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

2. Under Change Settings, change the project preset to

NTSC

FLIP

Flip Mino and Ultra 30p

OK out of there, and see the new project dialog. In the new project dialog, make sure that there is a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Settings on This Project"

OK out of there.

3. Back in the Expert workspace, import your 1, 2, and 3 with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders.

4. For your export use

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

with preset = NTSC DV

5. Click on the Advanced Button/Video Tab for that preset.

6. Set the Advanced Video Tab fields according to the screenshot below, starting with changing the video compression to H.264.

In order to type in 640 and 480 Frame Width and Frame Height, if there is a chain icon in the box to the right of those fields, click on the chain to remove it.

At the bottom of the export settings where is says Bitrate Settings, put a check mark next to Limit Data Rate to _____kbps and type in 7000. (Not seen in screenshot, got cut off).

Saturday.JPG

Please review and consider. If you need clarification, please stop and ask about what needs clarification.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR