4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 11:10 AM by jrosswil

Debug Event

jrosswil

Premiere Elements 12 stops working and Windows closes. The debug event is   C:\PRE12\Main\MediaCore\AudioRenderer\API\Inc\AudioBuffer/AudioSub Buffer.

I uninstalled PRE12  and reinstalled it again. It will still load the project but then when I start playing it from the timeline this crash occurs again after about 20 seconds.  

• 1. Re: Debug Event
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jrosswil

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you installed the 12.1 Update for version 12 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

I have seen this error before, lots of suggested fixes. Not sure there is one answer if any.

Has this issue impacted just this one project or is it for all projects (old and new)?

If this is a saved closed project that you are opening, does that project have audio transitions placed in the Timeline?

If so, make a copy of this project (File Menu/Save A Copy) and work with the copy to remove all the audio transitions. Is the

problem now gone?

The following is an April 2014 thread involving Premiere Elements 12 and the same error message. henner_mo (Henrik) seems

to have found something that worked for him. Please read his thread, especially toward the bottom portion where he comments on his

results.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6303653#6303653#6303653

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Debug Event
            jrosswil Level 1

Hi ATR

Thanks for your help and it's good to know that other people, like the other post you referred me to, also have the same problem.

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit, I7,  with 8GB RAM and two 128SSD drives. Because there is not much space on my hard drives, I store and run my editing from a 1TB exHDD plugged into a USB1 port. This has always worked well in the past. 

I have been using this editor for several years, but now suddenly it crashes when I play the timeline.

I copied the project, separated the audio, and then out it onto another track, but still it crashed when I started to play the timeline. I am not using any audio transitions, there are no blank areas in the timeline, and the project is only about 12 mins of HD video. I archived the project and played it, and it still crashed, but a new project played OK, and so did another edit I'd done some time ago.

However, most of the time I've been trying to play and edit the project in an area of the timeline which is about a third of the way through, and so I went to the end and worked backwards through the clips enabling several clips of audio at a time, and then editing them and saving the project every few minutes. I was able to do this for an hour or so, and it was only as I was approaching the part of the project where I've been having trouble that it all crashed again.

I think I'll continue working out where this troublesome area is, and then edit and save the safe areas. Then I'll set up a new project in which I'll edit the areas which are not safe in this project, and then put them together later.

Tried installing the 12.1 update but I couldn't install it. Got the message:       Adobe Premiere Elements 12.1 update.  There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later.

Error Code: U44M1P2003

Tried to install it 2 more times, and followed some instructions in Adobe's    Update 12.1 installation errors     page, but still was unable to install it.

Ross Williamson

• 3. Re: Debug Event
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ross Williamson

Are you working with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled during the 12.1 Update download and install?

Is the following the Adobe document to which you referred for the 12.1 Update troubleshooting?

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-12-1-update-error.html

ATR

• 4. Re: Debug Event
                jrosswil Level 1

ATR

Tried to get the 12.1 update again, this time with the anti-virus disabled as well as the firewall. Still get the same error report.

Searched again for the Registry file  and as was the case last time,  it is not there. I don't have {777B751F-C904-4BD7-8DFF-81F97A3C0BC5}

I searched for it in both the Windows 32 & 64 bit locations mentioned by Adobe on the update error page which you refer to and which I've been using.
                RW