5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 8:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media

noswad300

Using a 2010 iMac with OS Yosemite and external Samsung DVD  SE-S084 burner.  The system will make a standard DVD of my video ok, but when I try to burn as AVCHD to dvd media it freezes up, and I get 7 to 10 versions of the dvd on the desktop.  This is with Premier Elements 12.

• 1. Re: Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media
          A.T. Romano Level 7

noswad300

Thanks for the information already supplied.

I am not understanding

but when I try to burn as AVCHD to dvd media it freezes up, and I get 7 to 10 versions of the dvd on the desktop

It is the I get 7 to 10 versions of the dvd on the desktop that I do not understand. If you are doing a burn to AVCHD format on DVD disk, how does

your computer desktop enter into all this?

Please supply more information for us to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media
            noswad300 Level 1

In Premier Elements 12 when I select "burn to disk" and then select "AVCHD" then multiple "Untitled DVD.fpbf" start showing up in the desktop, like I have 5 or 6 DVD drives?  This isn't the problem, but it's a symptom of something that is wrong.  In only happens in the one area of Premier Elements.  If I select standard DVD for the burn it works as normal and creates the disk.  In the AVCHD mode the Elements software eventually freezes up and the software locks up so hard that I have to do a force quit.

• 3. Re: Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media
              A.T. Romano Level 7

noswad300

It would seem that in Mac environment that Untitled DVD.fpbf is a common topic.

I am strictly and Elements Windows user, but let us see if the following is going to help.

Go to Apple/System Properties/CDs and DVDs and determine what your preferences are..

When you insert blank DVD to "ask" or "ignore",

Please review and consider and determine if the above works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media
                noswad300 Level 1

ATR, thanks much for your effort to help me out.  I did set the dvd drive to "ignore" and that stopped all the multiple Untitled DVD.fpbf's.  Unfortunately at the end of the burn process I got a failed message.  I also discovered that my DVD player wouldn't read the regular DVD that I burnt so I'm just canning the entire project.  I'll stick with streaming from my computer to the TV.  Definitely not worth the frustration.

Gene

• 5. Re: Problems Burning avchd disk to dvd media
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gene

Glad for the good news about getting rid of the multiple Untitled DVD.fpbfs. But it is disturbing that you are not getting successful Premiere Elements 12 Mac burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD

Whenever you want to explore the burn to disc with Premiere Elements 12 Mac, please let me know. Being a strictly Elements Windows

user, I do not know how much help I can be unless we can find a common ground between Premiere Elements 12 Windows and Mac.

Do you have iMovie and iDVD to do the project with the current content that you are using in the Premiere Elements 12 Mac project?

Best wishes with your plans for streaming from your computer to the TV.

ATR