1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 8:55 PM by JimHess

Do I have to download Lightroom 5 again ?

laurentt4460362

Hello,

I've been using Lightroom 5 as Trial version with Creative Cloud. As I do not want and need Photoshop, I bought 4 hours ago Lightroom 5. Now I've got a link where I can download the software and the serial number.

However, I downloaded Lightroom already as I've been using it for 30 days. I can't write the serial number anywhere in the software. I wrote the serial number in Creative Cloud and it did not work as well - my guess is because I did not subscribe to the monthly payment but to the the independent software.

Anyway, I start to get really pissed now. It's been 4 hours since I paid, and I do not have a clue. I tried to contact Adobe with Chat, but does not work for me, again my guess is because I did not subscribe to the monthly payment ... Moreover, I tried to download from the link I have in my "Last orders", and the downloading never started.

I guess I have to download Lightroom again because the Creative Cloud version and mine (independent) are different, isn't it ?
      But I could not download it as well ...

• 1. Re: Do I have to download Lightroom 5 again ?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot activate Lightroom downloaded from the creative cloud using a serial number. You can try, but it won't work. You'll have to uninstall it, and then install again from the link you were given when you purchased Lightroom. You won't lose your work because the uninstall does nothing to your images nor to your catalog. All you have to do is uninstall the version you have and then install from the link you were given. Then you'll be able to start right where you left off.