Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color of SOLID layer

Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we change color of our SOLID LAYER after made them?
Without any FX tools?

I made a black solid layer but then I want to change color of it. How to do that? There is no any properities of that layer or something like that. Even when I click 2x on it I can't see option to change selected color.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hey there, we made a visual guide for this process! It's the last 15 seconds of this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the solid layer.

Press Ctrl/Command-Shift-Y, or select Layer/Solid Settings.

Change the colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should this not be something we can modify in the timeline? Is there any disadvantage to having it work that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a shape layer in the timeline you can mess with its fill color in the timeline all you want. Seriously, with no layer selected, double-click on the rectangular shape layer button, and it'll make you a shape layer the size of your comp. You can apply effects to it and everything just like you would a solid.

A solid layer is treated as footage. Thus, it doesn't really have modifiable properties in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, we made a visual guide for this process! It's the last 15 seconds of this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im sorry, I love CC apps, though I started using after effects and its definitely clunkier than the other apps. How about a feature changing the solid color with a good old double click like in every other app? why do u have to scroll through a menu to do this? why doesnt it shows up in the effect controls panel? Seriously....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines