Unfortunately, there is currently no way to move sketches between projects. You can only reorder sketches within the same project.
In the next release of Draw, you will be able to manually import individual .idea files from your CC account, in addition to the one-time fetch all functionality in place today. When you manually import multiple files, those files will all be imported into one new project. This could be used as a way to organize your .idea files into projects.
We are also hoping to add the ability to move sketches between projects in a future release.
Hope that helps,
There are so many apps allowing to manage and organize pictures, Draw is a nice app but its difficult for me to understand why such a company doesn't propose a simple way to do this… This is the only reason why I don't work with Draw at the moment
How? I was drawing, but realized it was on a different project. I have no idea how to merge the two projects together, other than saving the image, and importing it, which I cannot edit.
A quick question: What device are you on (this function is not in Sketch for Android)?
Let me know.
I’m on an iphone 6 running ios 11 and using adobe draw.
Great. Here's how to move your drawings between projects:
* In the Organizer view (where you can see all your projects), tap on the project that contains the document you want to move.
* Then tap the Ellipsis (...) icon
* From the pop-up menu tap on Select Documents. At that point the top nav will change to orange and in the lower nav you'll have three icon choices: (Trash) a garbage can, (Duplicate) two squares with a +, and (Move) a document with an arrow.
* Tap on the document you want to move (it will be highlighted in orange)
* Then, from the lower nav, tap the Move (document with an arrow) icon
* That will bring up a menu with a choice of places to move the drawing.
Let me know how things go.
Hi Sue, this worked for grouping the drawings in the project, but I want to group two drawings ( a drawing in one layer and the other drawing in another layer ) so I can edit them both. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks for your time and help.
1 person found this helpful
Can't really tell from what you've said, but would it work for you to move a layer from one drawing into another drawing?
You can't "join" drawings but you can move layers between them.
I’m sorry if I was not clear by what I meant, but yes, I would like to move a layer into another drawing. Is it possible to do this? If yes, then can you please tell me the steps in order to do this? Thanks again.
2 people found this helpful
Yep. You can do that. It's a bit tricky at first and I use two hands...
* Tap the layer you want to move.
* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THAT LAYER. (If you want to move other layers, just tap them and they'll be added to what's under your finger.)
* With your other hand, tap "Close" in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer that you have your finger on).
* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap "Close" again to see more of your projects.
* Once you’re in the drawing you want to copy the layer to... release it.
It might take you a couple of tries to get the hang of it but you eventually will. Let me know how it goes.
Hi. Thank you so so much! This is what I was looking for. Again thank you!
You're super welcome. I'm glad it's what you needed.