4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 7:52 AM by Steve Grisetti

need help finding this video

thomasm78648581

I recently shot a video with a sony camcorder with a mini-chip.I have successfully filmed and editied 3 other short videos successfully with the same chip..The video I shot this weekend  I added to media and did the editing but when it came to burning the CD it told me there was not enough room on the CD..I screwed around trying to fix it but now I cannot get the video to drop to the timeline.I tried to uptake the video again but I get the error of duplicate files..I am stuck please help this is an important video..thank you

• 1. Re: need help finding this video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Why not just use Add Media/From Files and Folders feature to locate the video and re-add it to your project?

BTW, I hope you're actually burning your movie to a DVD and not a CD, as your question says. VCD (video CD) technology is pretty much obsolete.

• 2. Re: need help finding this video
            thomasm78648581 Level 1

Hello Steve;

This is giving me a headache..I go to add media and files and I see my video there..there is 20 minutes of video screens.Is there any way I can start from scratch deleting everything on file and then re-uptake the video from the camera without it telling me there are duplicate files.Is there too much info on the chip is that why the DVD will not burn?thanks again

• 3. Re: need help finding this video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

thomasm

I would like to contribute some possible thoughts about troubleshooting your issue. Please disregard if your

problem has been solved.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

You mention a duplicate error...the only way I see that hoping.....

What is a mini chip? Do you mean mini DVD disc?

If so, are you copying/ripping the VOB video files from the mini DVD disc using

Add Media/"DVD camera or computer drive"/Video Importer? And, is it in Video Importer that you are getting the a message about

the file(s) already existing. If so, look to the Save In: in the Video Importer dialog.

All the mini DVD disks that you have will use the same name for the first video file on the mini DVD disc, that is, VTS_01_1.VOB.

So, you got the duplicate message because you were saving the file with same name as the first in the same place that you had

set in the Save In of the Video Importer.

Possible solutions

a. Go to the Save In location and delete the first copy that you had put there.

b. Save the second try to a new location by changing the Save In in the Video Importer.

About your disc capacity message...in the burn dialog, what does it show for Space Require and Bitrate when you have a

check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"? And, what DVD disc are you using

DVD standard type labeled 4.7 GB/120 minutes

or

DVD Double Layer single sided 8.5 GB/240 minutes

And, if you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13, are you working in the Expert workspace which includes Project Assets or the Quick workspace which does not include Project Assets?

Please consider after you have replied to all prior questions by others.

Thank you.

ATR.

• 4. Re: need help finding this video
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The reason you are seeing a duplicate file message is because you have already copied your video files from your SD card to your computer. If you want to re-add the files to your computer, you will need to delete them from your hard drive.

Although this is not necessary. You can simply start a new project or select and delete all of the media files that are currently in your Project Media panel and then, as I said above, just use Add Media/From Files and Folders to locate the files you want to add on your hard drive and import them into your project.