5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 8:55 AM by Pshaw

Nikon D810 CC cannot read .nef files...

Pshaw

Hello there, I just bought creative cloud because I couldn't get any programs to read the .nef files from my new D810. I updated bridge, photoshopCC and Lightroom fully. I've also downloaded the camera raw patch 8.7.1 and I've tried getting the camera raw plug in however whenever I try to open it photoshop tells me it "could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document." I then noticed that I might need the adobe patch installer for it and downloaded that as well only to get an error when I try to use that as it says the patch is not applicable to me. I'm a bit baffled at this point because Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras says that having a plugin installed beyond 8.6 or lightroom beyond 5.6 should be allowing adobe to read my .nef files.  Frustratingly it was able to see them briefly at one point, I'm not sure what  I did to mess it up but I've uninstalled  and reinstalled every adobe application fresh, even deleting the adobe folder in my appdata folder to ensure there was nothing left behind that would mess with it. I still can't get any of the programs to recognize my .nef files.

I'm running windows 7, 64 bit machine, this is a fresh harddrive instal as well so I know it's not gunked up with anything.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.7.1 - Already installed, no effect.