0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 4:21 AM by SirAndyMK

Can someone help me automate exporting two different PDFs (high and low res based on presets) and name them LR or HR at the end of the file names accordingly?

SirAndyMK

Hello. I used to have this preset running on my Mac with Automator so I could highlight an Indesign Document icon then press a key command. It would open the document then export it at 150dpi and 300dpi and change the "AW" from the end of the filename to "HR" or "LR" accordingly. It was an absolute lifesaver. Below is my previous script which doesn't seem to work any more. Any pointers as to why?

--has to be set by user

property myLowres : "150dpi LR"

property myHighres : "300dpi HR"

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC"

set myDocs to every document

repeat with i from 1 to count of myDocs

try

set myDoc to (item i of myDocs)

set filePath to file path of myDoc

set fileName to name of myDoc

set {LRFilePath, HRFilePath} to my getTargetPaths(filePath, fileName)

export myDoc format PDF type to LRFilePath using PDF export preset myLowres without showing options

export myDoc format PDF type to hrFilePath using PDF export preset myHighres without showing options

on error e

display dialog e giving up after 5

end try

end repeat

end tell

on getTargetPaths(fileObject, nameString)

set folderPath to fileObject as text

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"."}

if (count of text items of nameString) is 1 then

set {LR, HR} to {folderPath & nameString & "_LR.pdf", folderPath & nameString & "_LR.pdf"}

else

set {LR, HR} to {folderPath & (text items 1 thru -2 of nameString) & "_LR.pdf", folderPath & (text items 1 thru -2 of nameString) & "_HR.pdf"}

end if

return {LR, HR}

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {""}

end getTargetPaths