• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp8 MCQ Multiple Choice / Select Question Buttons Are Cut Off

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a quiz template and am having an issue with the radio buttons and checkboxes being cut off. They look fine in authoring mode and while previewing but when published, they appear cut off on the right. How can I adjust the margin for the checkboxes and radio buttons so they are not cut off? I went through all of the Object Style Manager options and couldn't find any related.

2015-02-03_07-55-49.png

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is HTML5 output, right? Which browser? Did you Preview in HTML Browser without seeing the problem? Is this a normal or a responsive project, and if it is responsive, which breakpoint view or which device is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Yes, HTML5 output, but not responsive. Preview project was fine, but Preview HTML5 in browser (Chrome) cuts them off. Published files also tested in FF and same issue.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checkboxes and radiobuttons don't look nice for me neither (prefer the SWF's type) but I never had them cut off, here are two screenshots in Chrome; bit difficult to find the reason then. Did you use a websafe font? And which font? Firefox is not supported by Captivate for HTML5 output:

CheckChrome.png

RadioChrome.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd take those! Which font did you use? I did choose web safe fonts. Originally started with Helvetica but they rendered to a serifed font instead of sans serif, so went with Verdana which solved that issue but may have incurred this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Trebuchet in that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a go, thanks! For a global font replacement, I was planning to change it on the master slide and the Object Style Manager. I will then export the styles and import them to existing projects. If there's a better way, I'd appreciate your sharing

Thanks!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A functionality to replace globally a font doesn't exist (wished it were there). But I always start with the Object Style Manager. If you didn't override the default styles on the Master slides, they will adapt automatically to a changed style in the OSM. Don't do it in the reverse way, because that will mean you are overriding the default object styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, will do!

In the web world you specify your three fonts in order of preference trying to accommodate various OSs and have a default of a more generic sans-serif font as a catch-all if the three are not found. If I use Trebuchet (a MS font) will I be excluding Mac OS and iOS? I don't see sans-serif in the available choices fo the web-safe fonts.

2015-02-04_08-07-49.png

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure it will be replaced by a similar font, but try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources