4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 8:37 AM by papyrazzi

TCP and LCP files location...

papyrazzi

Observing that Lr displays only very few camera calibration profiles and also very few couples camera/lens profiles (for the brand of camera's I use), I made a thorough search of all ".TCP" and ".LCP" files existing in my computer.

Wow ! ... these files are located in a lot of different places !    This certainly from successive updates.

But, I imagine that Lr5 refers only to one "specific directory", showing only the the profiles stored in it. 

Here all the directories path where I've found those profiles (Win7-64):

LCP files : by us Program Files = Program (not Program Files (x86)

1. C:\Program Fifes\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\(Brand name)\LCP Files
      2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CameraProfiles\Lens Correction\LCP Files
      3. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfileDefault\LCP Files
      4. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\LCP Files
      5. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\LCP Files
      6. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded\LCP Files
      7. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\LensProfiles\LCP Files
      8. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\LensProfileDefaults\LCP Files

DCP files :

1. C:\Programmes\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standart\
      2. C:\Programmes\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\(Brand name/Camera model)\ \DCP Files
      3. C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Color Profiles\DCP Files

Now... "where" the profiles (involved in the latest version of Lr5) have to be located ?

What to do if a profile doesn't exist in this "good" directory, but well in another (perhaps from a previous version). Are they usable under Lr5-7 ?

What to do with the directories not more used by Lr5-7 ?

Many thanks for your answers.

• 1. Re: TCP and LCP files location...
          papyrazzi Level 1

Sorry to disturb for something seeming absolutely not important, but...

I can absolutly not take contact with anybody of Lr-people to get my answers.

I'm allways redirect to this forum.

I can't get my answers elsewhere then here.

Thus, please thanks to consider my questions.

• 2. Re: TCP and LCP files location...
            Bob Somrak Level 5

Here are the locations although for me on Mac I had to open CONTENTS folder before I could see RESOURCES folder after doing the Show Package Contents.

Where does Lightroom Install Camera and Lens Profiles? « Julieanne Kost's Blog

• 3. Re: TCP and LCP files location...
              papyrazzi Level 1

Many thanks, Bob

Fm Julieanne Kost's :

1. Lightroom reads camera and lens profiles "from several locations"...
              2. If you use the Adobe Lens Profile Creator utility to create your own lens and camera profiles, Lightroom installs them here:
              • X:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2 RC\Resources\CameraProfiles\
              • X:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2 RC\Resources\LensProfiles\

Well, if I understand, the correct paths at home are :

• LCP files → C:\Program Fifes\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\(Brand name)
              • DCP files → C:\Programmes\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standart
                +             C:\Programmes\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\(Brand name/Camera model)

Could the other directories found in my PC been used by other application(s) ? (I also have PS)

Stay 2 other questions:

1. What to do if a profile doesn't exist in a "correct directory", but well in another (perhaps from previous versions).

• Are they usable under Lr5-7 ?
              • May I transfer them into the right place for Lr ?

and

2. What to do with the directories not more used by Lr5-7 ?

Thanks for complementary answers.

• 4. Re: TCP and LCP files location...
                papyrazzi Level 1

No response to my last two problems.
                Too Bad. I never imagined it could be so complex for those who knew Lr.

Will I, thus, have to leave hundreds of files where they are, although they take up space on my drive without seeing them in Lr 5.7 ?